• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Water level

With record snow fall in International Falls, I expect the water levels in the park to be high again this coming season.

Right now the lakes are 1,114ft, by opener they should be about 1,117, and full in june at 1,118. So with snow melt and moderate rain things should look good for opener. If there's no rain they might be alittle bit below the rule curve on opener, it's all in mother natures hands now. Oh yea, and the park service controlling the dam flows, cross your fingers.

I spoke with Phil at the store this morning on this very subject and the IJC Claims that there will not be flooding this year like there was last year. Time will tell. I hope that the ice is out for opener as temps are still dropping to low teens at night and only warming to the low 40's during the day.

• 4 weeks later...

I would appreciate any updates on the water level from people who make it out there this weekend. We are heading up the second weekend in June to Namakan. Last year the campsite docks were under water and really hoping the water isn't as high this year. Thanks for your help.

Going by what our dock looks like I would say Crane is at about normal for this time of year.There's not a ton of rain in the forcast and the vermilion gorge is showing signs of slowing a bit.I'm not a 100% sure but rumor has the gate is open at kettle falls.So as of right now things are looking ok for your trip.I'll try to keep you updated.

Lac La Croix is over 2 feet higher than it should be, so they'll be alot of water coming down the Namakan river, but vermillion lake out flows are going down, so if Kettle falls can keep up with what La Croix is sending we should be o.k., but mother nature never sleeps so anything can happen.