• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Louis River Fishing Reports-Duluth MN, Superior WI

I drive over the Hwy 33 bridge in Cloquet every morning. I'm seeing more and more water every day. smile It's nice to hear the geese again. I'm almost afraid to ask but could spring be breaking out?

Ya I was up there yesterday and the open water had me thinking spring crappies. I cant wait. A couple more days and we should be able to bust some ice and get out under the Bridge.

I wouldnt mind getting out on the big lake either.

Hopefully we can get into some spring perch on the river like we did a few years ago. Thatw as fun but havent seen that since.

Drove back from Bismarck, ND today. Literally saw what had to be tens of thousands of geese from Bismarck to Fargo! Haven't ever seen anything like that before. Made the drive back much easier, and I'd say it's a definite sign of spring. But hey back to the St. Louis lets get the ice out. I'd better finish getting my boat ready soon.

The landing on Garfield under the high bridge is open as of yesterday.

Looks like I will get out sooner than I thought. smile

I've been watching the bay open up over the last 8-10 days. Nearly 100% open. But this may be a late opener this year. Still, I have a feeling that this is going to be a normal year for the walleye run. charged up the boat batterys on Sunday, need to service the lower unit, and then I'm taking it out for a shakedown cruise!