• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tunnel Bay?

It would appear from looking at maps and from satellite photos

that there is no way to get into Tunnel Bay (off of Redgut), but yet I thought I've seen at least one reference to fishing in Tunnel Bay somewhere. Is it true that there is no way under the RR track into Tunnel Bay?

I remember hearing stories from my dad when he was younger that they use to fish tunnel bay every once in a while when the water level was up. He hasn't done it for at least 30 years, I don't know if things have changed or what but they use to get in there.

There is a large culvert that goes under the railroad tracks. Thirty years ago we used to pole our boat through that tunnel, into tunnel bay. (I think that is how the bay got it's name). Haven't done it in years, so don't know if it is still open. Tunnel bay is relatively shallow, and was mostly a northern fisherie. We caught a lot of hammer handles and some nice fish.

Yes, there is a tunnel leading into tunnel bay but not suited for much more than a 14'. As far as fishing goes, as others have posted, you'll mainly find small northerns but If you're looking for an adventure, the kids love going in it!

Wow, thanks everybody, that was very helpful and interesting, I pour over charts and maps, but there are still things you can't always tell from the paper...thanks again

There are abundant and interesting free swimming round worms in the tunnel. (Horsehair worms)