• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My daughter's wanted to do some 4 wheeling today and I wanted to fish, so we did a combo trip. I heard the panfish were biting on this particular lake and saw some activity out there this past Monday night.

While they were running around the lake on the atv, I got lucky and reeled in this 13.75" 1 lb 8 oz slab. The only one in 2 hrs of fishing, but my biggest slab in a long time, so I was happy. After a couple pics, I let it go to make a bunch more slabs.

dsc01019.jpg

Brian

nice slabber Brian!

make sure them youngin have their helmets on and glad to see you wearing your picks. don't want to see you in the paper!

nice weather to be out!

Hey Brian,

Nice looking slab... If your up for a road trip we're going to do a little shore fishing tomorrow. I have some days off during the week next week also. Let me know if your interested.

Yeah Dave, they had their helmets on.....always!! They also had life jackets on and were told to watch out for the dark spots, sticks sticking outta the ice, and stay away from shore. They laughed when I threw the 50' rope with a small rusted cast iron frying pan tied on one end in a 5 gal bucket. When I explained it to them, they understood!

Tom,

Interested in catching my 1st looper down there? Of course I am, but won't be able to make it this go around. Save a few for me. The week of April 20th, that Wed or Thurs would work! Maybe smelt the evening and looper/cohos in the morning?

Brian

Ha Ha I know what lake you were on.....people are getting kinda brave driving one ton trucks out there still...not for long.

Lee SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! LOL

They've been running in the 9-10" range out there and every now and then a piggy will show up. I haven't even had a chance to get out there at prime time. I probably won't either before the ice gets too dangerous, oh well, I'll have it in the memory bank for next year at late ice.

Brian

I believe you still got some time if this is the lake i am thinkin of, the ice is still fishable but probably not for long with these 50 degree days.

more pigs than little ones brian...I personally aint fished there yet but I looked at a 5 gallon pail after my friend and his girlfriend fished there and it looked like they came from red lake 7 yrs ago......most if not all were over 12 inches.