• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was curious what the ice conditions are like on the smaller bodies of water, i.e. 200 acre lakes? Any info would be awesome! I live in the south metro and if you are wondering, get the boat out. Thanks

From what I have heard. I would not be trying to get on the ice anywhere now.

To unsafe for me.

We fished Big Lake this past weekend. There was still 30" of ice and some people were driving trucks on the lake. The weather has gotten warm this week so the landings might be deteriorating. If you can get off the shoreline, the ice should still be good.

Thanks guys, I'm looking for some open water, sounds like it could be a little while yet

Open water? I wish!! Do an about face if you're looking for open water and head south.

This is from about noon today from the boat landing at the wayside rest in Cass Lake looking out at Stoney Pt.

P4230007.jpg

Well, I heard Tonka went out yesterday. Our area usually is ice free 10-14 days after Tonka.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

These are from this morning looking out from the wayside rest in Cass Lake - the little blip in the second pic is what is left of the truck people guess when it will go thru.

P4260017.jpg

P4260018.jpg

There is still ice on Cass as of this afternoon. Pike Bay also has ice. It's black and breaking up with the wind. Probably a few more days yet before it will be gone.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Looks like Pike Bay is close to be ice free.

Didn't see any ice on Pike Bay around noon today. Cass had some floating ice on the south side due to the north winds. Should be gone completely in a day.