• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

When the ice finally disappears!!

What do you guys do? Do you wait until opener or do you go out for pannies?

Leech, according to my calculations, the ice will not ever disappear this year (at least that's how it feels). Man, I need to get outta here and in a boat...

I'll be out crappie fishing within a few days of the water being off!

I'm with scoot. I will fire the boat up and head for the crappie hole as soon as I can after ice out.....

Taking the boat out Fri, heading to the Rainy River. Open water is not here I will go to it.

AS soon as the ice is out and the shallows start showing some pannies i will be out there with my 6 year old daughter.....i can already hear her "Daddy can we eat this one?" Gotta love it!

As soon as there is open water I'll be on it! May even take a swim

At a boy!!! dive right in there and get a good mouth full!!! I SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOO want open water.... I love the ice but I for one have had enough..

I will shore fish for crappies after dark as soon as the ice goes off. In the old days, we used to take a grill, burgers, and a fifth and fish late into the night. Now, just a radio and a bottle of water.

I went out and hit a river to see if there were any perch in there yet. NOPE NONE YET. I'll be back this coming week though... and the next... and the next..

And yeah I agree with leechbait Cicada, Maybe its time to revert back to your youth! Sounds alot funnergrin

I went out and hit a river to see if there were any perch in there yet. NOPE NONE YET. I'll be back this coming week though... and the next... and the next..

I wonder if we're thinking of the same river? wink

Originally Posted By: Pickelfarmer

I wonder if we're thinking of the same river? wink

Deadhead, winkwink I'm pretty sure we are.

Speaking of when the ice disappears, does anyone want a sea witch river anchor? I used to live in Pierre SD and it was great on lake sharp but I need a different anchor here. It is like new if anyone wants it that fishes more rivers now than I do. Yes, it is free. Just let me know and we will hook up sometime.