• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

archery help?

Phooj

hi i just bought a bowtech diamond,the rock from gander mtn and every danger i go to. they always adjust y bow somehow. some do my draw length by making spread my arms out some make me draw a bow back, and they always readjust my bow. is there anyone around the MSP area that would like to help me out? someone have like a range and willing to help me out on all that? so i can get ready for the 09 season? thanks in advance

This is the main reason no offense I bought my bow from Scheels. They are very well trained in helping set up and tune a bow. The times I went to try things out at Gander they seemed to contradict everyone else's statements. I don't know where at in the cities you live but if your willing to drive the guys out at Archery Country and St. Cloud are an excellent resource otherwise talk to the guys at Cabelas. I know they cary Bowtech and they might be able to help you out.

When you bought the bow did you buy one with the correct draw length for yourself? I think if you bought the bow at gander, they may help you get it started. As far as helping you align your rest and all the other stuff that comes with purchasing a new bow.

Bwanas in Little Canada is also a Bowtech Dealer and could help you out and make sure you have the right draw length and your bow is tuned. A1 Archery in Hudson is top notch as well! Just depends on where you'd like to drive....maybe if you post where you live or work someone could suggest a good place to go. I have also got some good advice from bow technicians at the Forest Lake Gander.

Visit a proshop if you can. Bwana's should be pretty close for you and Jr will get you setup properly. The nice thing about the Diamond lineup is that they'll accept modules to adjust your draw in half-inch increments without a bow press.

The Rock is a great bow. It is adjustable for younger hunters. Either way of measuring your draw length can work, but that is generally just a starting point. No method can tell you how the bow "feels".

Have yourself measured and set the draw length. From there you can fine tune your setup, but draw length adjustments must be made by a proshop. Once those things are dialed in then you can start adjusting your sight and get practicing/.

Forest Lake Gander Mtn and ask for Mike Foster,or JT Archery in Harris JT lives and breathes Bowtech this is all he carries for bow's

Go to Bwana Archery it's located on the 35E frontage road just north of Little Canada Rd. They have a very knowledgeable staff and they will be glad to get you all set up.

Normally I wouldn't recommend going to a big box vs an archery pro shop for the technical stuff, but as mentioned above, Mike at Forest Lake Gander used to work for us at Compound Doctor and is pretty good, otherwise go see Dan at A1 Archery in Hudson. Every techician has their opinion on what is proper for someone, but the good ones will do right by you. The biggest thing I used to see is people getting sold draw lengths much too long for them. Some insisted on it (maybe a macho thing?) but not one of them shot as well with a too long a draw as they could or did when the draw length was right or even a little short. You should stand with a slightly open stance, the nock point of the string should come back not much further than the corner of your mouth, and you should have a bent bow arm locked in at the shoulder (not elbow locked) when it's set properly.