• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

msybe not but all i know is wheneer it gets restocked there is no room to cast and everyone is down there and its all shoulder to shoulder like it is on opening day.

Then don't go. You seem to want the information about these trout ponds only to turn around and have nothing but negative things to say about them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Muddog

• smalltownboi2008

• zepman

• Team Otter

T.O. so your saying the dnr stocks the ponds every week or do they stock them every other week. I am going to be gone over the weekend so I thought about fishing them friday or next mon.

Does anyone else know from experience if fishing during the week is worth it. I will be driving roughly 50 miles. I would love to catch a few, but I probabaly go fish for crappies if the ponds get fished out over the weekend. Thanks for any info.

im not trying to be negative about the trout ponds. i have yet to be down there this year. yes it is fun to fish it but it gets to be more a of a hassle if anything when there are a million people down there and no room to cast. if i go i think i will go fish it when its least pressured like on a sunday night or monday but then again ur chances of getting fish go downhill.

They do stock the ponds the Friday after the opener and the Friday after that. With that said, The ponds get stocked when the Trout are ready. It is not clock work. If they have trout ready to go Friday thay go on Friday. If they are not ready to go Friday they go Monday or Thursday or Wednesday

what u mean by ready to go? like as far as loading them up in the tank on the truck to bring them there? are the mature enough so they dont die on the way there? i dont quite exactly understand what your trying to say. or do u mean like if they have a bunch ready to be sent out they send them to the ponds asap but if not they wait a couple days or so?

From page 1 of this thread:

The ponds will be first stocked the afternoon of Friday, April 17th. The ponds are stocked 4 times, at 1500, 1500, 1500, and 1000 yearling trout on each trip. Dates of stocking varies because these are hatchery fish and the schedule of the hatchery varies with statewide demand, worker schedules, fish withdrawal periods, etc. It's often not as simple as post a date and stick to it, which is why putting it in the newspaper can be misleading to some. Usually the ponds are stocked every 2 weeks. The fish are caught and removed pretty rapidly, so get there early, especially if you're taking the kids out.