• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scott K

09 Season is here!!!!!

The J-Man!

1st thing I said after watching the replay... Hunter would've had it.

No doubt about it. I miss some of his defense but the list ends there.

There is NO WAY Torii Hunter even gets to that ball. Gomez was on a full sprint just to get there. Hunter is not that fast.

greebs

Not to try to stir the pot here but in comparing career stats, cuddy strikes out more frequently than young and when playing their natural position of right field, they have pretty similar defensive stats, albeit young only had one full season in rf.

I'll admit to not being a big cuddy fan and what I don't understand is that so many say that he's such a stud outfielder and young is so bad but it's young that's playing out of his natural position. If cuddy is such a stud fielder, wouldn't it seem that he would be the one that should play lf and would supposedly do better defensively?

Will young be the dh tonight against a lefty? Wouldn't think Kubel would dh against lefty.

Anyhow, no reason to get too shook up over one game. Go get em tonight.

MOSSY

cuddy plays right because of his arm. you play the strongest arm in right

Double D

Moving toward a different part of the game, I saw Ken Griffey Jr hit the longest home run I have ever seen in the Metrodome back in about 1989 or 1990. He got it up in right field and it landed about 6 or 8 rows up in the second deck. I was in awe. Last night's homer made me think of that again.

It seems like he is one person who will miss the Dome because he seems to have a good HR record there.

DD

alwaysonthemove

Remember when Hunter just started playing? Come on guys that was also a long run half of the center fielders never would of got that close

1st thing I said after watching the replay... Hunter would've had it.

No doubt about it. I miss some of his defense but the list ends there.

fishyguy

Not to try to stir the pot here but in comparing career stats, cuddy strikes out more frequently than young and when playing their natural position of right field, they have pretty similar defensive stats, albeit young only had one full season in rf.

I'll admit to not being a big cuddy fan and what I don't understand is that so many say that he's such a stud outfielder and young is so bad but it's young that's playing out of his natural position. If cuddy is such a stud fielder, wouldn't it seem that he would be the one that should play lf and would supposedly do better defensively?

Will young be the dh tonight against a lefty? Wouldn't think Kubel would dh against lefty.

Anyhow, no reason to get too shook up over one game. Go get em tonight.

Hey greebs,

Cuddy does strike out more frequently than Young but not by much. It is like comparing a 400lb guy and the 375lb guy and trying to decide who is fatter. They both strike out too much. Over the course of 500 AB's Delmon would have 95 K's and Cuddy would have 105. The point was that if anyone is going to use strikeouts or defense as the reason to bench Cuddy the solution should not be Young as you are only inserting a guy with the same issues and a lower career OBP and SLG %.

alwaysonthemove

Sled Neck I cannot believe you just said that. I totally agree there is so much untapped talent there with Go Go.

Gomez has the talent to be a gold glove outfielder in the future

PierBridge

Twins Win Twins Win Twins Win!!!!!!!

zepman

Great comeback...hopes this gets them on an early roll!!

Scott M

Wow, I just read about it. I turned on online realtime scoring and then shut it off when it mistakenly said the game was over. It was assuming Morrow got the save or something. Now I wish I would have turned the TV on.

CNY Tim

Flipped over to check out the end of your game after my Redbirds took care of business and what an exciting finish you guys had against the Mariners.

On another note...

Dennys Reyes looked great in his first appearance out of the St. Louis bullpen.

Congrats to Kyle Lohse on his first 09 victory...

Mudcutter

I did the same thing with gameday on the net, only to see final score pop up faster than what gameday would give

these games mean the same as those in sept.

the twins flat out stole one.

greebs

"Hey greebs,

Cuddy does strike out more frequently than Young but not by much. It is like comparing a 400lb guy and the 375lb guy and trying to decide who is fatter. They both strike out too much. Over the course of 500 AB's Delmon would have 95 K's and Cuddy would have 105. The point was that if anyone is going to use strikeouts or defense as the reason to bench Cuddy the solution should not be Young as you are only inserting a guy with the same issues and a lower career OBP and SLG %."

I hear ya. There ain't much difference between the two and I wanted to point that out to those thinking that young basically stinks and that cuddy is by far the superior player.

Chode2235

Went to the game last night. Not as many people as I thought there would be for it being the second night.

In Gardy's words most of the game was pretty "blah, blah" but it was great to see them scrap some runs in and win it in the 9th. I think they have the drive this year.

It was great to see Gomez take that walk too, I didnt think he could ever learn to look at a 3-2 pitch.

Scott K

It was a nice win by the Twins, but I couldn't understand why the Seattle coach left that pitcher in the game after the first couple walks. I see it more as Seattle lost the game.

Jim Panfish Uran

Yeah I went to bed around the end of the eighth inning, wasn't too impressed with much of anything except Span, he has had a couple good games now, Justin needs to wake the bats up, maybe he should call on joeboo or something.

The J-Man!

Gomez has the talent to be a gold glove outfielder in the future

He probably should have won a Gold Glove last year. He was better in the field than all 3 of last year's OF winners (Torii Hunter, Grady Sizemore and Ichiro).

B. Amish

Yeah I went to bed around the end of the eighth inning, wasn't too impressed with much of anything except Span, he has had a couple good games now, Justin needs to wake the bats up, maybe he should call on joeboo or something.

Span usually has good at bats, but stats lie sometimes. Span gets a couple hits off of dome choppers and Morneau rips the ball right at people and goes 0 for or gets hosed on a call at first base. Morneau is fine, just needs to find the holes.

solbes

I was so disgusted after falling behind 4-0 in the 4th that I changed the channel. I shouldn't have given up so easily. As sleepy as our bats have been, this come from behind win should give a little confidence.

Gary Crichton

Shame Shame on those who gave up early last nite. What a finish. I will say this if those 2 pitchers at the end were the stoppers for Seattle, they are in trouble.

Trivia question for you all. Something happened last nite that has not happened since 1968 or 40 years ago. What was it.

G.C.

B. Amish

since 1968 in twins history or mlb history?

B. Amish

Something happened last nite that has not happened since 1968 or 40 years ago. What was it.

G.C.

i'll say consecutive pinch hitters both get walked and both score for the tieing run and winning run.

Gary Crichton

You are close, but not quite, and it has to do with the Twins.

G.C.

B. Amish

pinch hitter walks and pinch runner scores tieing run?

UdeLakeTom

Bert didn't mention his birthday!! laugh

Or Carlos Gomez didn't swing at a 3-2 pitch out of the zone! grin

I forgot...Twins, Wild and T-Wolves all win on the same nite!! shockedcrazy

B. Amish

Or Carlos Gomez didn't swing at a 3-2 pitch out of the zone! grin

dang, that would've been my next guess.

goose89

Bert didn't mention his birthday!! laugh

Actually he did, at least reference it, when they brought it the leftovers from the previous nites birthday cake / cupcakes. The day Bert doesn't mention his birthday, I'm the FLW angler of the year. laugh

But, I haven't got the answer to the previous question. Waiting patiently.......

Gary Crichton

If you watched the post game, the answer was announced on the show. The answer will be shared at high noon.

G.C.

B. Amish

first win of the year came in walk off fashion?

Gary Crichton

OK here we go. I will say first of all that they keep way to many stats IMO. "THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED WAS IN 1968. THE LAST TIME THE TWINS WERE DOWN BY 2 RUNS OR MORE AND 2 OUTS AND NO ONE ON IN THE NINTH INNING AND CAME BACK TO WIN THE GAME."

That was a long time ago.

G.C.