• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

09 Season is here!!!!!

Scott K

The game is looking good so far, I wish I was there. Although it looks as like the Twins are going to get the same ref calls.

Why isnt the opening game of the season on HD?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gary Crichton

• B. Amish

• UdeLakeTom

• Scott K

I don't understand why young wasn't playing. I see why span was playing because of the righty pitching, but why not young. Cuddy was like 0 for 12 against Felix and Young had a better spring that both Cuddy and Gomez. What happened to earning your spot in Spring Training and I feel that Delmon earned a spot.

It seams that the Twins don't want even give him a chance. He hit for mor power and average and more RBI than Gomez did last year but all you hear about is GO GO and Span two young guy that are so good. The last I looked Young is hte same age and has better career numbers than both.

Sorry for venting just wish Delmon would get a chance. 290 batting average and 10 hr and 80 some rbi's last year and all you hear is that he had a bad year. I don't think that is bad at all.

The Twins will trade him and he will end up hitting 40 homers for someone else!

Guerrier did fine, got a weak grounder with "seeing eyes".....now Crain and Breslow......YUK!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think Liriano was sharp either, and was too predictable. Gotta keep them guessing WHAT pitch is coming.

Cuddy bashers..........Who has the ONLY rbi on the MN TWINS? EVERYBODY was just "waving" at pitches last night. Shoulda had more lefties in the game, but the ones that were didn't do too hot either. FORGET ABOUT IT and PLAY today.....looooooong season.

Thats true still alot of games left to play. We always do better in the end of the season.

went to the game and I will have to say i was a bit disappointed with the whole thing. parking was not very good. went down to the mall area before the game and the music was SO loud you couldnt talk at all. it was miserable; my little girl had to put her hands over her ears. then, there was a good bunch of drunken [PoorWordUsage] fans. the twins played terrible in every facet of the game. oh, and those who say that Liriano just made a couple of bad pitches must not have seen the vapor trails behind some of the lineouts to DEEP left and left center. wow, were some of those balls spanked. i was sitting next to the isle and I bet i missed 25% of the game as people were constantly going up the isles with no thought whatsoever to the fans watching; spilling beer constantly. and the worst part was trying to get back on 35W north. Only 1 lane of traffic feeds 35W.

now some may say sour grapes and maybe I should just stay home. and i will say i think you are right, i prolly will. but I dont think the Twins would like to hear that because of my experience last nite, I am not too excited about going to another game too soon. i think it would be kinda nice if the twinks addressed some of those items for the new stadium. sure, some are out of their control, but my whole experience last nite was just disappointing.

especially the mall or whatever you call it out front. cant you have an area where there there are things to do without deafening music? Maybe some like that, but I cannot believe it is the majority. sure isnt a family atmosphere.

cuddy also was responsible for not giving us an early lead which would have helped settle liriano down. he also didn't play beltre's ball off the baggy as well as he is supposedly known for.

guerrier did not do fine. he didnt do any better than any of the other relievers. why does he get a free pass? a hit is a hit, regardless of where it goes

I think span did a decent job at the plate, showed patience against a darn good pitcher, but I think Young should have been in over Cuddy, even though he reached out and poked one over the infielders. Liriano looked good, he made a few "Costly" mistakes of course but otherwise looked good. Obviously not the greatest start but hopefully they knock the cob webs off today and do a better job. Hernandez is a heck of a pitcher.

laughlaughlaugh SledNeck that statement is exactly what I thought you would say, almost to the letter.

Hey not many good looking swings out there last nite. But since Cuddy got the only RBI......................

G.C.

cuddy also was responsible for not giving us an early lead which would have helped settle liriano down. he also didn't play beltre's ball off the baggy as well as he is supposedly known for.

guerrier did not do fine. he didnt do any better than any of the other relievers. why does he get a free pass? a hit is a hit, regardless of where it goes

How come Justin Morneau get the free pass he could of put on the board twice once even with the bases loaded after Cuddy drove in the only run for the twins

he shouldn't either. but he has actually proven he can hit for more than 1 season, unlike cuddyer.

Not to bash anyone, but cuddy definitely had some poor at bats. Morneau's weren't much better. i was shocked Delmon wasn't in there as well for some reason, what a nghtmare it's going to be for to be for Gardy.

On another note this is the first game its along year there are going to be worse games then this

How come Justin Morneau get the free pass he could of put on the board twice once even with the bases loaded after Cuddy drove in the only run for the twins

cause he didnt strike out 3 times

And it's Justin Morneau, come on man this guy has already proven himself

cuddy and morneau could have done better. Last night morneau proved he can hit into a perfect double play. Usually im not so hard on things like this but he is getting paid and of o remember right the bases were loaded also. put it in the air and get a run in.

For all you Delmon fans, don't worry, he will get his chance. Gardy said it will be a revolving door in the outfield.

G.C.

Cuddy did get the only RBI but he has UGLY at bats.

I thought Liriano looked OK, the pitch that Griffy hit out was let up but the other HR ball wasn't too bad of a pitch, just some good hitting.

It's a long season, but a win now counts the same as one in September

After seeing the replay of the 2nd home run to center field, that was maybe catchable anyone else wishing that we still had tori hunter?

unless i was watching the replay wrong that was a very catchable ball.

1st thing I said after watching the replay... Hunter would've had it.

No doubt about it. I miss some of his defense but the list ends there.

I don't miss Hunter, maybe he catches that ball but stealing a homerun is still a long shot at best. Maybe Gomez has a 1 in 10 chance at it while Hunter has a 1.5 in 10 chance, I still think Gomez will be able to run down far more balls then Hunter could even dream about at his age.

Maybe it was posted on here somewhere but I read an article where some stats guys calculated all outfields defense based on home many runs they either saved or cost the team based on defense. Gomez was 2nd overall with something like +18, meaning he saved 18 runs. Hunter was I believe somewhere around -2 meaning overall he actually cost the team runs. He might steal a home run once in awhile but Hunter is the past Gomez is the future.

Maybe it was posted on here somewhere but I read an article where some stats guys calculated all outfields defense based on home many runs they either saved or cost the team based on defense. Gomez was 2nd overall with something like +18, meaning he saved 18 runs. Hunter was I believe somewhere around -2 meaning overall he actually cost the team runs. He might steal a home run once in awhile but Hunter is the past Gomez is the future.

That was me who posted that. Gomez was 2nd overall among center fielders at +17. Span was +15. Cuddy was even and Young was -11. If anyone is going to try to find a way to show Delmon should play in front of Cuddyer they should stay away from strikeouts and defense as that is exactly what Delmon needs to work on.

I have a feeling that whoever rides the bench more is going to be like a NFL backup QB. He will be the guy that everyone says could have done it better adn the most popular guy on the team with the fans. Take last night for example. Cuddy strikes out 3 times and everyone is clamoring for Young. Young may have done better but I believe he also has a pathetic lifetime average against Hernandez and I have seen Delmon strike out 3 times in a game more than just a couple of times.

Young was on the bench, Cuddyer was batting 3rd (yes I know Cuddy is not a #3 hitter) but I think it shows who Gardy trusts and who he does not. I gotta think Gardy knows a tad bit more than the most of us.

Either Delmon or Cuddy will be gone by the trade deadline. Gardy is getting very "testy" already about being asked by the reporters who is going to start in the outfield before every game. Gardy will push for a trade because he is tired of it already after the first game.

Everyone just relax a second. Take a deep breath. None of the 4 outfielders we have are going anywhere. They will all have roughly the same amount of AB's by the end of the year, barring injuries.

Cuddy got the start last night because he is a proven veteran and earned his opening night shot. Yes, he had some ugly at bats. So did most of the rest of the team. Hernandez is a great pitcher.

Look at it this way. We're tied for second place, 1/2 game out of first. I was at the game last night. Yes, I was dissapointed with the outcome but I'll be back again tonight cheering on the team as a whole, not just whoever Gardy decides to put out there while wondering why one of them is on the bench.