• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"A Spring Cleaning" - An FM/HSO Get-Together!

"A Spring Cleaning" has become an annual event and is generally well-attended. Of course, we have a good time by catching fish, shootin' the breeze, grilling our favorite dish and cleaning up lake shoreline and accesses. This year will be no different, so mark your calendar for Saturday, May 2. We'll meet at the public landing on Shields by 10:00 am on Saturday, May 2, start the grill and while it's heating up, we'll walk the grounds of the public landing and collect garbage. Once done with clean-up, we'll eat and then hit the water for fishing and more clean-up. Dependent on how the fishing goes, we can decide to stay put on Shields or we can slide down the road to Mazaska, clean up that public landing too and fish out there for a bit.

If you plan to attend, please respond to this post. Bring something to grill, your boat or just yourself. We'll be sure everyone gets something to eat and gets out on the water.

Garbage bags will not be provided, so please bring some. Thank you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Otter

• Whisker Trout Slayer

• PDOGG

• Matt C

count me in too, i missed it last month but this seems even better, i like shields and i like the idea of cleaning up all the slobs garbage from the winter, let me know if i can bring anything besides myself and my boat

I do have to work in the AM...but count me in to meet you guys at whatever lake your on at that point ~2pmish.

I still have a bunch of the huge and thick hefty bags in the garage i believe. i haven't seen my may schedule yet, but if i can make it i'll bring em along.

I will be there and can bring anything we will need. I will need to jump in with somebody though because my boat is up north

UPDATE:

Confirmed:

Team Otter

no bait nate

bunt2k

Morneau132

"Maybe":

Mr. Kronkite

CrappiesNCats

UPDATE:

Confirmed:

Team Otter

no bait nate

bunt2k

Morneau132

"Maybe":

Mr. Kronkite

CrappiesNCats

harvey lee

This event is still a few weeks out but if anyone can bring nice weather, I'm predicting a pretty good shallow water panfish bite.

arn't panfish always in 10' or less usually? thats where a majority of mine i catch are within that range although there are one or too ocasionally in 20 feet and also during the ice fishing season.

arn't panfish always in 10' or less usually? thats where a majority of mine i catch are within that range although there are one or too ocasionally in 20 feet and also during the ice fishing season.

That's a tough question to definitively answer. Where in the water column fish are traveling/using is dependent on many variables. Some of those variables are wind direction, forage, water clarity, time of day, body of water and water temperature.

I'm usually working (weird schedule) or busy with kids when you have these, but I might actually be able to make this one. So I'm in for a definite probably. It's also a good cause with the clean up which I usually try to do to a small degree anyway when I'm out fishing. It would be nice to meet some of you.

~piker

UPDATE:

Confirmed:

Team Otter

no bait nate

bunt2k

Morneau132

"Maybe":

Mr. Kronkite

CrappiesNCats

harvey lee

pikerliker

I'm in.

I will bring some extra bags (i think i have some in the garage from last year).

I suck at directions though where'm I goin from New Prague?

Take hwy 13 south. Around 2-3 miles south of Montgomery take a left on Hwy 99 (east). There will be a flashing light at the Hwy 13 Hwy 99 intersection. Stay on Hwy 99 and you will see it on your right (south). Hwy 99 ends just north of the lake and becomes Hwy 21. The landing is right off of Hwy 21 shortly after 99 ends.

UPDATE:

Confirmed:

Team Otter

no bait nate

bunt2k

Morneau132

CrappiesNCats

"Maybe":

Mr. Kronkite

harvey lee

pikerliker

Muddog

I'm gonna try to make it but can't say 100% yet. Will anybody be looking for panfish before hand? I'd like to bring one of my kids but they need a little action to stay entertained just wondering if either lake had a decent bite going?

I'm gonna try to make it but can't say 100% yet. Will anybody be looking for panfish before hand? I'd like to bring one of my kids but they need a little action to stay entertained just wondering if either lake had a decent bite going?

I'll be fishing Friday.

I fished Mazaska for about 5 hours on Saturday morning... Found most crappies in the 20-28 fow range. I know thats a big range but it was very difficult to find a school of fish that was big enough to target. The school would not stay under me very long and the bite was very slow. I tried moving to the east into shallower and warmer water about 6 fow and didnt find a fish.

Looks like I should be able to make this one finally, however the wife works till 12 so I will be late. I also might have a spot open in the boat as well if needed.

Hey guys sorry to say I'm going to have to back out. My son has a freestyle wrestling tournament in Rochester that day so I will be heading down there to watch him. Have fun and catch a few for me.

~piker

UPDATE:

Confirmed:

Team Otter

no bait nate

bunt2k

Morneau132

CrappiesNCats

Grainbelter

"Maybe":

Mr. Kronkite

harvey lee

Muddog

PDOGG

Depending on how Grady is feeling I might be able to get out of the house. I have never been to either of these 2 lakes, so I will have to look them up. I am sure they are easy to find as I will be coming up I35. So chalk me up as a maybe.

PDOGG I need to get my boat out for the first time this year so if I am able to go you and Coleton can hop in with me. I will go right away in the mornign and will be by myself. Remind me to make sure I buy my new fishing license. I can meet you at Cabelas and get the license and you can hop in with me. I will call you on Friday night.

Sounds good Shane. I'm hoping to go, will depend on a few things. If the fish are biting and the weather is nice I'll bring one of the rug rats other wise I may just fly solo.