• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

so i just took the boat out of storage in my backyard last weekend and boy it really needs a tune up. i got a vexilar i gotta mount back in there, get my motor running good, wire up a new trailer kit, fix my boat lights, get my bilge pump and aerator for my livewell up and running again, etc, etc. it seems like its a never ending chore right now. i never thought it was going to be this big of a hastle to do it. i finally just decided to take a look at it and figure some things out cause im anxious to see it back on the water again this year. im more or less worried about having it all ready to go before this years walleye opener. i finally had some time to do it today and it was a bit colder weather then normal and its going to be rain and snow mix for the next 2-3 days again. im sick of winter and want to see some warmer weather soon. anyways so once im all done with that im hoping it can get to see some water next weekend and give it a try. anyone else willing to share there story or opinions about this?

I really hope to have my boat back by next weekend, I'm going to make an attempt at replacing the floor and updating/cleaning up all the wiring in the boat before opener.

i hoped to have mine all ready by tomorrow but i will be shore fishing tomorrow it looks like. should be done by next weekend!!

My batteries are all charged up. I need to do is wire up a new on board charger and the invertor.

The oil and filter needs to be changed and then its time to hit the river.

Re-painted mine this weekend. Charged the batteries, cleaned it up. Have yet to start it and replace the rollers on the trailor.

i have had mine in 4 times already but gotta get the tooner fixed up for opener

Had mine out once still need a new anchor, and oil change then I'm good to go!

Had mine out saturday. Ran great for till i got about half way across the lake, then gave me motor problems that i haven't quite figured out yet...But i think it's a lack of compression. No Good!

had mine out on pool 4 once but learned that my wiring didn't work to my GPS anymore, and my lowrance wasn't reading quite right, so i got a little work to do before the opener, other than that it still caught fish

so can anyone answer this question for me? okay so today i took the boat out on the lake for the first time just too see how it would run and what not. it took me a while to get my motor started but i got it going and it ran fine but there is one problem. so i got a little bit older boat from 1984 but its got a 1996 mercury 4 stroke 60hp motor and steering counsel in it and the ignition key beeps when u start the motor up just once. but today it beeped the whole time the motor was on and running and it did it continuously. is this telling me there aint something right? i asked my brother that and he said it might be a sign that i have a low oil level in my motor? i honestly dont know what it is and i would like to have it fixed asap. any information will be greatly appreciated! thanks

The alarm can also be caused by overtemp if the water pump is not working properly. Does it come on and stay on the moment the motor is started ? There should be a 'indicator' stream of water coming out of the motor if there is no stream or it is weak you may have a bad pump.

This alarm is nothing to ignore as whatever is causing it will probably take out the powerhead if you continue to run the motor.

im sure the water pump works just fine. there is a stream of water comming out of the pea hole. but your right that might be a possibility. i think im going to go over to drantels sometime today and see what they think it is. it should be a simple fix but u never know now days. and getting to your question yes the alarm stays on as soon as the motor is started. when its working properly it beeps once and thats it. and thats when i turn it over to fire it up.

I've had that happen on my evinrude and it was caused by the oil level being low

thanks. i called dranttels today and im guessing that its just the oil level being to low and they are trying to tell me i need a whole new oil tank and sending unit. i doubt that. ill just give it an oil change and go from there and see what happens. most people i have talked to said its probably low oil level. thanks again everyone.

could be on of three things The merc motor will beep for three different reasons. 1- low on oil, or oil not getting to the motor, or sensor is bad. 2-water in the fuel, should have a filter on it with a water sensor. 3- overheating.

well i think i figured it out. my oil level was at least a half a gallon low if not more. so i filled that up but have not been out on the lake since. i doubt its water in my fuel cause i emptied out my gas tanks and put them in storage over the winter. and i doubt it was over heating but it was smoking pretty good when i first started it. other then that once i got it going it ran really well.

The batteries are charging right now and I have Thursday and Friday off! Gonna fire her up tomorrow!