• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Had to see with my own eyes

I went for little drive today.

This was this morning so lots could have changed by now with the rain we got last night.

Starting at Waskish I swung up through Baudette heading east on 11 and this is what I found.

Vida was still froze up but had that eary gray look to it.

Frontier was the same froze but gray yellow and bellering pretty good.

Birchdale had a little surprise

img0128w.jpg

Franze Jevne, Manitou both could be carried in and fished with a VERY LONG CARRY.

Kuttes at Pelland was open but the ramp was ice locked something serious

Shorewood in I falls was open of course.

From the looks of the water around the area and the mood of the feeder creeks it may be a fast mover this year.

thanks for the report jp. did u see many small boats where a guy could hand load? also what's the rain doin up there, i'm seeing conflicting wheather reports on the channels. who would of guessed the wheathermen don't agree grin

Ya know I never seen a boat all day. Not on the river roads or even a parking lot...thought maybe I was on the wrong river for awhile.

i can't believe nobody was taken advantage of havin that water all to themselves. We coulda came up today but woulda had to been back by wednsday morning. two days fishing just wasn't long enough so were waitin till the 1st, then we'll have a good four days. i definetily woulda loved to be one of the first one's across the ice to see what she's holdin this year.