• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boulder/Fish/Island Lake Campgrounds??

Do any of you know of a simple and cost effective campgrounds near these lakes? I do need a power hook-up for the boat to charge batteries. I will be using a tent. I know of the Eagles nest and Hi-Banks. I am just looking for other options. Most of my time will be on island lake. Thanks for any info you have. if there is any other places, thier info is hard to find on the web.

thanks!

Buy a membership at the Northern Sportsman on Island Lake. Plenty of camping sites and its cheap. Best camping value around.

Or just get a campsite on one of the lakes. 1st come 1st serve.

word has it island lake inn is putting in a campground with seasonal lots only, but @ $1,900?, somewhere around 100+ sites and half are spoken for already. next that campground minnesota power is going to putting one in for weekenders. I'm not sure what the timelines are for these to go in, just heard about it the other day.

I also heard the same thing. The city just keeps working its way farther and farther north dont it?

If my memory serves me right MN Power is required to supply camping areas for the general public. And camping on Islands is often regulated most of these sites are posted no camping. Im pretty sure thet were all posted but some of the signs were torn down. I know this because there was one close to my place. And if you are caught camping there they will ask you to leave. I dont know why it seems after a couple drownings they decided to post it. I guess they figure any part of the lake they created they can regulate. But any original lakeshore they cant

Tyeeme, that is true more on fish than Island. When I was in high school we made a bunch of very very nice campsites on Island and I also know the boy scouts did the same. One of the sites we made and the site the boyscouts made are unmarked. I'm sure that they would ask you to leave if it wasn't "designated" since they just put those maps and sites up...but most of the sites are always open on island, and i've never seen anyone regulate camping on "non"-campsites.

Still plenty of posted campsites on Island and Fish Lakes you can use. I know they are all posted on a sign at Hi Banks on Fish Lake.

yup, the ones posted are the nicest for sure....they have firepits and maybe latrines??? I can't remember...

do you know who i get in contact with someone to talk about joing the sportsman club? any idea on membership cost? also, you mentioned the lake camping spots, but i will need a place to plug in the boat to charge batteries. any other suggestions?

thanks

Its $25 for a single person a year or like $42 a family a year.

If you do a search for United Northern Sportsman Island Lake Mn. you will find what you need.

Im thinking I will join this year so if nothing else I have a place to crash for the Hawg Walleye Contest. wink