• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I put ~ 5 hours into the boat yesterday. Changed the oil, fuel/water separator, batteries in and fully charged. Bow mounts on, floors vacuumed (not that they needed it, but it gave me more to play with). Electronics all back in, a few rods in.

I'm ready! Kelly lake is about 30% open as of right now. Hope to be chasing crappies on Madison or Tetonka by weeks end!

You guys got your boats ready? ...besides PDOGG who has been on the river a few times now...

What lake do you plan on hitting right at ice out?

Mine too. Mounted open water kit for vex, made a wood stand to keep my boat cover more "tent like" instead of the support bars, cleaned the hull with a aluminum cleaner the neighbor had, now looks like new. 3 pulls & it was running laugh

I have been procrastinating and haven't done it yet, and I want to go to pool 4! ahh I need to get to work on it!

Mine's ready. I was down fishing in Texas about a week ago. All I had to do was pull it back, wash the road grime off, and recharge the batteries.

I'll be out someplace this weekend. (I agree with Muddog - the ice season is about 3 months too long here.)

I'll have mine out sometime before May.....

Thats what happens when you only pay $30 to store it the whole winter, your at the mercy of when the guy with the shed wants to move other stuff. Unless of course the river floods and he is forced to get things out early...

So if anyone has an open seat before then, I'll be willing to tag along!

RiverRat ill let you know the next time a make the trip to pool 4 should have an open seat.

I plan on being out on Tetonka or Madison on Saturday (rain or snow) Nick. I have room for you.

Mine's ready. I was down fishing in Texas about a week ago. All I had to do was pull it back, wash the road grime off, and recharge the batteries.

I'll be out someplace this weekend. (I agree with Muddog - the ice season is about 3 months too long here.)

Katoguy haven't seen ya since washington about...ya 3months ago! Pat told me bout your texas adventure, how'd it go? Sorry bunt, didn't mean 2 hijack your thread eekmy bad..

cleaned the hull with a aluminum cleaner the neighbor had, now looks like new.

What did you use for hull cleaner? I have well water here, so when I wash and wax, I still get a somewhat 'dull' look.

put mine together on thursday in a few hours, took it out on pool 4 on friday, felt nice to be on the open water again....

put mine together on thursday in a few hours, took it out on pool 4 on friday, felt nice to be on the open water again....

So on a non sarcastic note. Where would you hit TO as your first option for ice out crappies?

Just let me know when you wanna try for saome craps and I'll come with you and let you take the fish I catch home!!!

uh. Arnt you the one that put whisker trout slayer on the bass, err rough fish on Saturday?

At least in TO's boat I see non roughies.

uh. Arnt you the one that put whisker trout slayer on the bass, err rough fish on Saturday?

Yeah well even Shane meeses up every once and awhile!! Obviously you left Sheilds gtg to early cuz TO's boat seen plenty of roughies!

Originally Posted By: bunt2k

Yeah well even Shane meeses up every once and awhile!! Obviously you left Sheilds gtg to early cuz TO's boat seen plenty of roughies!

I actually thought it was one of many pieces of cattail debrise that was floating by that day, and I did the famous new quote by Mitchel "I think I got one!!"

Don't worry it went back pretty quick but it did slime up his net!! grin

My favorite destinations for pre-spawn, ice-out crappies, in this part of the state, are Frances, Rays, Volney, Tetonka and Madison in no particular order.