• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering how deep the snow still is up in this region of the state? Would like to get out and do some shed hunting sometime soon.

I haven't actually been out in the woods lately but the snow seems to be going quickly in exposed areas. Slopes with southern exposures are showing some ground. There is an area that was clearcut this winter near my house that some of the ground is exposed.

I hope some of that helps.

We were up at Hungry Jack Lodge this weekend. The lakes are almost bare, but once you get into the woods, it was mid-thigh depth. I also went into the woods on the south shoreline, so it is protected from the sun more.

we do alot of timber cruising inventory and measurement work for school and while some exposed hillsides are bare the north facing slopes are still wasit deep with a hard crusty top that makes it extremely difficult to walk trhough without snowshoes...