• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How come no Florida?

KidWalleye

In the North American Forums????? It seems like alot of people go down there and it might be informative to put a Florida section in there.

Kid

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

We need someone from Florida to help.

These guys are fishing when we are typing smile

too true. I was in florida very recently and checked the forums once during the whole week, the rest of the time was on the beach or in a boat with a pole.

I'd like to see a general saltwater fishing forum. We get questions occasionally about Cabo, Cancun, Florida, Belize, etc...Maybe not enough about any one location, but put 'em all together...Rick??

I agree with the salt water forum. It would give everybody ideas of possible places to go or remcomended charters to use. Also it would be fun to read the storys of the huge fish people catch.

absolutly need a saltwater forum. seems there are more forums each week. maybe its in the making if we push it a little.

We still need someone who knows a lot about the subject and would be willing to Moderate the new board.

I'm heading down to Florida on Tuesday for some fishing. I'll post how we do in the in this thread. If anyone else fishes Florida this spring or winter they could post here.

Ya need to find out what happened to DeeDee, our Florida expert.

I did some East Coast fishing when my family lived down there, but am in no way an expert. laugh

Hadn't posted any pics yet.

Was in florida earlier this month. Fishing from the beach we ran into a bunch of these guys on cut bait:

dscf8301.jpg

No luck on the bigger ones(usually gotta wait until the water warms up quite a bit), but these guys are tons of fun, jump and dance on their tails like you wouldn't believe, they probably think they're baby tarpon laugh Really fun on lighter tackle.

Some more pics:

dscf0784h.jpg

dscf0805.jpg

pufferfish2.jpg

sanibel09007.jpg

The last pic is one of 5+ dolphins that were following us around as we were out fishing in 8-12 FOW probably 300 yards or so from shore. They tried to get just about every fish we threw back.. lol. Luckily they somehow didn't spook what we were after and we ran into tons of decent pompano and spanish mackerel(plus that surprise puffer!)

Mainbutter, where in Fl were ya? I'm heading to Fort Myers tuesday. Alittle Twins and fishing. Can't wait. Thanks for the pictures. That's what I was hoping to get when I started this thread. Keep em coming people!!

Kid

I was on Sanibel Island, real close to Ft. Myers! We drive past the Twins stadium from the Ft Myers airport to get there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey us Floridians make to this site. I'm afraid I'm not an expert to be able to moderate. But I'd be happy to find out alot of info for ya. You can get a charter boat for around $375 1 or 2 people for the whole day. I can get exact info if you like. Then you can go way out an get the big guys!

Love the Puffer by the way