• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Do you want to hear God laugh? Tell him your plans. For the last two weeks I've been researching and pricing trolling motors. I picked up a set of Wave Wackers so naturally I needed to up grade to a more powerful transom mount. I believe that most here will understand this logic although "The Budget Director" has some how failed to grasp the concept. As I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a "Vector 3X" a funny thing happened to our computer, it crashed. Do you know how much a new computer costs? Exactly the same as a new trolling motor. I tried in vain to explain the difficulties presented with backtrolling using a laptop.

It looks like I'll be waiting until after the swap meet to get the trolling motor.

I lost most of my fishing pictures and am in the middle of trying to locate a lot of my fishing "favorites." I guess I just want to remind everyone that if you have some good pictures, back em up. Lesson learned.

Remember...Jesus saves. So should you.

SO THATS why the smack talk about the slam ceased.

I still have a open seat..... laugh

Sorry to hear about your computer crashing and losing the fishing pictures.

Either through purchasing your new computer or after you have it you may want to consider an external hard drive. There are 250GB units for $75 or for another $25 there are 500GB units at Best Buy. You could have a ton of fishing pictures backed up on that. Fairly cheap insurance.

All may not be lost. Data can be retrieved from dead hard drives. Call one of the local computer shops for advice and a competitive price on a replacement laptop.

Gunflint if your drive still spins I might be able to help get out your pictures. I have a enclosure that you put your hard drive in and now it becomes a USB device. If you want to give it a try let me know.

Gunflint - I may also be able to provide assistance....as long as it spins...and as long as you have not re-formatted your hard drive that is.

email is below if you are interested. I'm located in Hermantown and work in the Fitgers complex.

Papa Woodie you're just down the road from me. My son thinks that he can recover any pics that I have. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the effort. I do most of my fishing solo and really don't have that many. Northlander took the one for my avatar. And that's a picture of the largest crappie ever caught in East Bearskin Lake.

That's funny, yet its not. Sorry to hear that Gunflint. I have a kinda similar story the other way. I have been looking a new meat grinder for months. I found one that I wanted, picked it up, turns out, not the one I was told it was so I sold it, (ok cause I made a few bucks). After several phone calls and emails I bought another one at an auction in Kansas City on a Thursday morning, I got a pretty good deal, only to find out a few hours later one of my other calls paid off and I was offered another identical machine half price. It was also in Kansas, so I figured why not since I had to bring one home from there. Now I got two; of course I'm not keeping both. Just when you think you found something good, something better comes along. Keep that in mind; with the new computer, maybe you'll be searching the internet for something else and find a better deal on a new trolling motor. wink

If the drive is still working at all getting data off it may not be too bad. I have done it in the past and mainly need another PC to put it in and some futzing.