• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

From the looks of the photos, whoever drove that truck onto open water thinking it would float had to be out of it.

Why risk it when it is so nice outside? Go for a walk and get some exercise.

From the looks of the 4th pic down there wasn't any ice, just floating slush. Not sure what he was on, but I don't want any. LOL

broken line : You are probably correct, hard to believe DNR and/or EPA would allow it to stay in the water that long????

private pond, ditch, deep low spot maby?? it looks like he was maby trying to go on the bigger lake and drove over the pond to get there..

From the pics it looks like the marina for the camp ground. My budy was at the landing on wed evening and he saw a truck coming in and watched him break thru the ice in to a couple of feet of water. They said there were two cars out on the ice yet it was not going to be easy to get them off. Some people that went out there in the morning said the landing was good enough to drive on but by the end of the day the landing was bad. Just an example of how the sun this time of year can do searious damage to the ice. People should really start respecting the ice a lot more than they do.

I have fished that lake alot in the last few years, and I dont know where thats at! Dang , thats a pretty small lake not to know where he went threw at. Maybe his aqua view wasnt working right and he was trying a different approach to finding fish? Maybe over on the south side by the inlet? I never seen anything stuck in the ice there this season. Last year about this time, a couple of clowns came out whipping doughnuts and broke threw right by the bar. I pulled them out not once but twice, and they stilled screwed around until they broke threw for a third time!! Dumb [long list of bad adjectives for them]. When their help came out, They came out from the bar with drinks in hand. Dont know what happened after that, I left them to their drunkin buddies. Signing out still shackin my head at that one.....

it coulda gone in this fall and they are just pulling it out now???

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume It was probably more like a week or two ago and they waited until the ice receded a bit to make it easier to pull out. Still a shame it sat in the water for any length of time.

They pulled it out through the harbor at Fish Lake Resort. They went through the night before, then called it in stolen the next morning. Oddly enough they couldn't explain why the theives left their fishing gear along with some crappies in the truck when they ditched it in the lake.

They drove right off the ice sheet into open water. Some people need to use a little common sense.

I would think the local police department might question the call from the perps. LMAO!! thats some funny stuff right there!!

If it wasn't for stupid people all we'd have to write about would be fishing, awfully dull huh? laugh

I would think the local police department might question the call from the perps. LMAO!! thats some funny stuff right there!!

We're talking about the Kanabec county law enforcement. Very similar to the Cops on The Simpsons! laugh