• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

June-Gunflint Lake

What can I expect fishing this lake in the summer? Fishing for walleye, smallmouth, and pike.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm not going to be much help for eyes, pike and smb there.

In June your probably going to eliminate much of the South shore and target current areas and broken shorelines that don't break into deep water fast. East and Westerly ends of the lake hold such areas.

going to be on a trip up there and have been researching some lakes and a few others caught my eye, how about, Poplar, Sea Gull, Hungry Jack, and Aspen. Aspen was the one that really caught my eye.

I'm going from memory here but Poplar lake is a good lake but lots lower unit eating structure and a challenging lake to learn.

Seagull is another good lake but restricted to 10 hp for a portion and no hp on the majority. Hungry Jack has some big walleyes but it's a clear lake and it's difficult to get your presentation past the big smallies. Aspen can be fun if you're into multi species. It's fairly shallow with a trench in the middle.

If your interested in big walleyes check into Sag or North that time of year.

It requires getting your feet wet for a short distance but there should be enough water in the creek in June to get in there.

Gunflint will be slow action, but some nice lakers. If you want some nice pike go to loon lake...poplar has decent pike and walleye fishing...the scenery is better than the fishing though. Hungry jack is the best overall...nice eyes, pike, and bass, even a few sunnies. On a good day you can easily catch over 100 fish!