• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bought my first pistol!!! where to buy ammo!

Well after a long process of elimination I bought my first handgun! I ended up getting the Springfield XDM 9mm, the guys out at bills gun shop were excellent at helping out. All an all I am very happy with the purchase. Now I picked up a couple of boxes of Winchester Ranger 147grain fmj. Anyone shoot this kind of ammo? Do you like it? Is it garbage? It was 40 bucks for 100 rounds from the guide

Where do you get your ammo from that is NOT sold out?

thanks all

Nice choice for your first Handgun. I've been eyeing the XDM up myself. Not that familiar with the Winchester Ranger Ammo, the little I've read it was only meant to be sold through Law Enforcement agencies?

Why not just buy your ammo at Bills Gun Shop? Support the Gun Shop owners and keep them in business. Or head up to one of the Sportsmans Guide stores in MN. they are closing up shop and have clearance sales going on. Not sure what they have for ammo sales though.

thanks bucksnort, I will end up buying more from Bills when I have time to make it out there again (45 min drive). I was kind of stupid not to buy it at Bills but I had a coupon for 10 off [PoorWordUsage]'s (But of course they didn't have anything) Them winchester ranger do say on the box only for law enforcement but I think that is just a marketing gig?

Considering I am familiar with the LE field...

I would def say that is a marketing gimic.. as I have never even heard of them nor seen any others using them.

Buy your ammo in bulk. It saves money in the long run.