• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody been out lately? How does the ice look... I was thinking about walking out from the 65 access tomorrow (3-20-09) and just punching some random holes if anybody wants to stop by and pull up a bucket.

Craigums: starting to get a little soft and slowly pull away from shore near my cabin. Headed to LOW Wed not sure what it will look like by the time I get back. If it stays like this I would not be surprised to have the dock and lift in by April 15th, that would be a nice present to myself on tax day. If not I'll just request a bail out. crazy

Just got back from a couple of days of starting to open the cabin. Going to be awhile for open water, especially witht he colder temps sticking around next week. Cty road 19 access open water as the river is flowing pretty good to the south, in fact the main channel is open to towards the dam probably half way. There is open water on the access side of the road just about to the fishing pier, so I would tread real light in that area, as the moving water is going to keep eating away at the ice pak. Took a ride over to the #65 access. The dock is back in the water and signs posted " Thin Ice". Thats probably why I did not see anyone on the lake at all. Probably could have gotten on at the cabin with some planks but don't need fish that bad. Pretty obvious that the shore line ice had melted and then refroze only to about 1" in thickness. So be careful if you're going to adventerous and patient, it won't be that long, I hope. cool

• 2 weeks later...

anybody have update on ice out or fishing from the pier? i would just check myself but 1hr drive and this what this site is for. thanks for the info

The south end near the peir and bridge are open the rest is still froze over. Water is still really cold. Seen a guy launch a boat and anchor a little deeper than the pier, seen them catch a panfish. Id give it a couple weeks

I was at the cabin on Friday and the lake is still locked up tight. As stated the area near the Cty Rd 19 bridge is open all the way south to the spillway. Some folks on the pier and two boats on the water. The ice was still there however probably with 40-50yds of the pier. My cabin is on the other end in the main lake and it was solid right to the shore line. This warm weather should start to softent things up, a little rain and some wind would help as well. I'm thinking that it will be close to the 24th when it's totally open. I'm headed up again Thursday AM to start opening up, don't think the dock and lift will be going in though. frown