• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone else shoot Traditional Archery Equipement?

Bucksnort101

Just wondering if anyone else on these Forums shoots Traditional Bows, i.e. Longbows, Recurves, or Selfbows.

I've been shooting them (sometimes well, sometimes not so much) for almost 8 years. Sold my Compound Bow a few years ago as I grew tired of all the gadgets, nothing wring with gadgets and Compound Bows, just wasn't my thing anymore.

Have yet to harverst an animal with my Longbow or Recurve, but I have fun just shooting them.

I bought a martin take-down recurve 2 years ago and love it I shoot compounds a alot but when their is a squirrel or rabbit in the yard I grab the recurve it just so much fun to shoot.

I have a very nice recurve, but I haven't used it much. I would like to use it eventually to hunt deer. I'm thinking about using it for bowfishing this spring as a way to practice.

yep... my uncle makes his own bows so I have a couple. Haven't done anything other than small game hunting or bowfishing with it - not enough time to practice and set up for archery deer season. Someday though... someday

Cool, I have a friend up in Brainerd that builds bows as well. Been to his place a couple times for a weekend of Bowbuilding and [PoorWordUsage]'ing.

Just purchased a bow oven and a Recurve form from another friend so I hope to glue up some bows this Summer too. Should be interesting.

Bucksnort let me know how the bow building goes I can allways use another one.

He who die's with the most bows wins

HaHa, I get a kick out of you guys that think the stick bow is something new. They haven't been new for generations. I found a better way. smile

clip_image002-1.gif

Seriously though, good for you guys for going old school. It's all about the flight of the arrow and there is no way more pure than a stick a stick and a string.

It takes much more practice and dedication to the sport to be profficiant with traditional equipment than most of us are willing to put into it. My hats of to ya!

i have been shooting " traditional" for 4 years now. I still have a couple compounds, but havent shot either one in over a year.

Bucksnort, if you friend is Chad, I used a longbow he made to take a deer last fall.

Yep, Chad's the man. Shot several of his Osprey R/D Longbows. Shot his new River Runner Recurve a couple months ago, very nice as well.

I did inherit one of his old Recurve forms, I think it was based on a 62 Bear Kodiak? Going to build a Bow Fishing bow on that form as soon as I get a chance.

ArcherySniper, what parts of North Branch do you hail from. I've got a close friend that lives just off Hwy 95, east of town go up for the weekend quite a few times, probably be up there this weekend. If you ever want to build your own bow give me a holler.