• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

is it a good broad head

gusdawgg01

I picked up some rocky mnt revolution broad heads. Just wonderin if they are ant good. They open totally opposite of regular mechanical broadheads. They have a sliding cartridge that opens on impact, so as the tip hits and pushes the cartridge and at the same time pushes the blades out the bottom , instead of the rubber band system. I am goin hog hunting in a couple of weeks and thought i would give them a try. Ant feed back would be great, especially if you have had and with the blades not opening..

I did find a review online. It received 2- 4/5 and 1- 5/5.

It sounds like a good head. It uses the same ideas as the new group of mech heads.

I'm jealous of your hog trip. I can't wait for the report.

Thanks power. Was hoping someone used them and could give up some info tho. I guess they stopped making it for a reason . Hopefully it just didnt catch on and wasnt because it didnt work well. Can you post a pig pic? It would be dead.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I used them on a couple of deer. Never really left much for a blood trail. They are the reason I switched back to a fixed blade again.

orangestew, any problem with the blades opening up? and did you have to take the big "o" ring off the bottom of the blade? It looks to me like it might inter fear with the blades opening. I guess I should have checked it out better before investing in them, my bad..thanks for the info guys!!

You can tune your bow so field poits and fixed blade broadheads hit the same spot it just takes a little time tinkering with the rest. And FYI just cause they say flies like a feildpoint dose not mean you don't have to shoot them, you have to shoot what your hunting with otherwise it's just an excuse to fail.

• 2 weeks later...

rocky mountain broadheads were bought by field logic.

And I believe Field Logic also manufactures Rage broadheads. They really trimmed down the line up of Rocky mountain broadheads. They only offer 6 different models now. Which might not be a bad thing, but they discontinued the model I really liked.

Field logic does manufacture the Rage, if they discontinued the model you liked, call them up they may have some laying around still.

Field logic does manufacture the Rage, if they discontinued the model you liked, call them up they may have some laying around still.

That is exactly what I did. Rocky Mountain informed me they were selling all the discontinued broadheads on the bay. I bought as many as I could afford. I think I still have about a dozen left.