• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

next week

wiscony

Been up to URL once a year for the last 10 years but haven't been able to sneak away yet this season. Was wondering if u guys up there think next weekend(of the 28th) we would still be able to drive out there with a truck and wheelhouse? I read the forum almost daily and am so jelous of the awsome fishing oppurtunitys you guys have. I've looked at waskish extended forcast and it looks like highs in the 30s next week. Just worried about the lake being really sloppy after seeing those nasty pictures that were posted. thanks

Ditto here, I am planing one more trip for this winter and that is the same weekend I had in mind.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Wiscony,

The roads took a beating this weekend. A lot will depend on the weather in regards to whether you'd be able to get out next weekend or not.

i wouldnt plan on pulling a wheel house out i pulled mine out on thursday and back in on friday and it took a pretty good beating till i got to the other side of the pressure ridge after that is was fine. im sure after the weekend the first part of the road is really beat up.

We have pretty low forecasted highs for the later part of next week. How much rain we get until then is the wild card. The ice out in the lake should be OK except for drain holes. The shoreline will be rough. I would not try to take a wheel house out there.

Thanks for the info guys. I'd hate to make the 7 hour trip and not be able to access. Looks like i'll have to just wait till next year to chase the big crappies. But reading Borch's report REALLY makes me want to go now. Well see. Thanks again for the posts guys and good luck.

That is the catch 22 with the red lake crappies now. Nobody wants to come up and look for them and take the chance until they hear a good report...but once they hear the good reports it is to late.

I would have loved to come up all winter long but with the cold winter we had i haven't been able to get away from work. Crappies or not, URL is my favorite place to get away to. We've always gone up ealier and its always a memorable trip. Just a way different world up there. When we have gone in the past, we search around and have always caught crappies. So for me, the reports are interesting but have never influenced my decision to go. Even if nobody was catching any,i still want to go just for the oppurtunity to be there. Its just fun to be away from crowds and to able to fish off by yourself and not be bothered. But unfortunelty for me, i can finally go, and it sounds like its to late.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

wiscony,

Glad to hear you enjoyed my reports. I can understand the draw to the Waskish area. My wife and I always have a good time there whether we're hammering the slabs or not.

I'd guess that there's still time to get out. But like Kelly said the wheelhouse option on the lake is likely not there. Now getting out with the portables on a nice spring day with noone else around is very rewarding.

Good Luck!