• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How's the late ice crappie fishing going?

Just curious. Was thinking about heading out for one last shot at a few fish. Sounds like the ice has pulled away from shore on a lot of metro lakes. Will probably head out somewhere on Minnetonka - anyone doing any good?

dan

Went out on Long Lake yesterday evening and marked very few fish, none interested in my bait. Fished everywhere 4ft-24ft.

Last weekend I was having great luck in 30 feet. Tons of fish, but I haven't been out with the ice being like this. Planning to get out this weekend hoping to find them again if I can get to my spot.

I fished both days last weekend and caught lots of crappies in 8 - 20 FOW. Look shallow earlier in the day. There were times when I just dropped 3' of line down through the hole and pulled up fish after fish.

If you want all the small bluegills you can handle try grays bay on lake minnetonka straight out from the access in 15 fow, they are not big but they are stunted and there's lot's of them, I don't know how the ice is now but drove trucks out on sunday

Hey buckkiller, where ya been going on waconia? Been meaning to get back out there one of these days. Also, is truck travel possible still?

yup no vehicles any more... 4-wheeler should make it yet, but id walk.

iv been fishing in the bay at about 10 FOW, was out today with my dad and ended up with 26 sunfish and 11 crappies that we kept from 11 - 5 plus a ton of smaller fish that we could've kept if we needed to. I had 2 big muskies on both of which broke my line a big bass that broke the line, ended up getting 2 bass that were about 2 or 2.5 pounds each...BASS GOT LET GO.

alot of musky action tho... probably saw about a dozen pass below the hole right under the ice.

might be out tomorrow, ill be in a cammo jacket with a blaze orange inside. I usually fish more north of everyone else