• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DNR ramp on Crane Lake

Where exactly is the DNR ramp on Crane Lake? Is it by customs? Is there a lot of room for parking? We will have 4 vehicles. Can you park there as long as you want?

Just before you get to Crane Lake look for Handberg Road/Lane and a sign directing you to Handberg Marina. The DNR ramp is just before you get to Handbergs. The parking lot easily handles 20 plus vehicles/trailers.

But PLEASE do not park ONE car/truck in a spot if you do not have a trailer. The spots are designed to pull thru for truck/trailer. If your without a trailer, park two vehicles together.

I have seen years where there are 5-6 spots used up by one small car. Although one year I did see a guy drag a small car out of a spot with his truck.

I've never heard of the boat launches called DNR ramps, just public accessess. But the Dnr office is on the road just past the customs office at Scotts resort and the ramp is across the road. This ramp unlike the one by handbergs has no designated parking spots, it's just an area of grass and am not sure how many vehicles can park there. They charge $3.00 a day, on the honor system, by putting a envelope under your winshield wiper then you calculate your days when your done and throw the envelope in a drop box at the top of the ramp.

WJ - I know exactly what you mean. It seems like every lake you go to in the cities has two or three trailer spots taken be single cars...extremely irritating when there are not spots left.