• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Camp Manitou/Grand Rapids Jaycees Sport Show

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be attending the Grand Rapids Jaycees Sport Show this weekend. March 20-22.

We are in a Green Double Booth.

If any FMers are planning on attending be sure to stop by and say Hi.

Here are the show hours:

Friday, March 20th 4am-9pm

Saturday, March 21th 10am-7pm

Sunday, March 22nd 10am-4pm

I'll be there. I'll try to track you down. I hear there is a Remmy 870 Express as a grand prize. It would be a nice upgrade from my youth 410 I've been shootin for 7 years.

Can't speak for Friday, but I know Saturday had a good showing. My uncle went in about 5 minutes before me while I parked the car. He had ticket number 1933. When I walked in, I was number 2000. 67 people in right around 5 minutes. Thats about 13 people every 60 seconds. Crazy stuff for Grand Rapids.

I just wanted to say thanks to the FM guys that stopped by the booth this weekend. It seem to be a pretty good turnout lots of guys talking about ice out lake trout, ice fishing for lakers next winter and alot of inquiries about deer hunting. If you guys have any more questions about what we have click the link below.

My daughter and I talked to you Saturday afternoon. Nice to meet you Matt. From the looks of the fish and deer pics, you guys know what you're doing!

I didn't get a chance to ask you if you cater to bowhunters at all. We've hunted southern Ontario 2x (Heritage Whitetails/Charlie Morken) and saw some nice bucks, but no luck. Our group might be looking for something different up yer way!

Brian

GEEZ BRIAN,no wonder crime runs rampant in deer river, your always fishin or huntin!!! smirkcrazylaughlaughgrinwhistle J/K. so how are things in the north land. we where up and over to winnie last weekend. did kinda ok. how much snow is left in the woods after all the rain?

Glenn,

Not sure about snow levels in the woods, we still have fishable ice!!! I'll probably get out in 2 weeks and look for sheds at my dad's north of Cohasset. I'm on my long stretch for work and plan on squeezing in as much fishing as I can next week. Light snow off and on all day today, less than an inch so far. Last night froze up the slush on the lakes. This cold front made for tough fishing today, but my buddy went home with 6 crappies and 5 gills.

Brian

thanks bmc, would like to get back up but dont think that will happen now till spring cleaning, in other words when the ice is off. take care and leave a few fish for seed.

Hey Brian,

If your group is interested in Bow hunting just let me know. We are going to start taking bow hunters the fall of 2010. Right now we are looking at doing 2 hunts for bow hunters Oct. 9-16 and the 16-23.

• 2 months later...