• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Map of the Rainy?

Is there one available? Not so much for contours, as they can change in a river system. Maybe one put out by a sportsmans club or something that shows the lay of the river, landings, etc??

I have the 2008 Lakemaster chip for Lake of the Woods which includes the entire Rainy River down to one foot contours. Works like a champ! Well worth the money.

I just ordered mine. I got to thinking about it and felt I had a handle on the river but then thought...wouldn't that be nice so I don't crash into as much stuff. grin

traveler.. Some of the local shops have maps of the river on plastic cards. There are 4 of these and each shows a different stretch of river, then another showing the bay. These do have contour lines and show some ofr the more major terrain features anyhow.

fiskyknut

Just got my Lakemaster for LOTW/Rainy Lake. Looks to be an awesome chip. I may have to make a trip to Rainy Lake this summer after looking over the chip on my handheld. Now it is time to try it out on the river. Hopefully this weather won't open everything up too fast!

later,

toddb

Hey Todd how goes it? Ya man this weather is'nt quite what we want eh!!

Get your hut off the pond then? Only 3 perms left out on the 16m last nite. We had the reef to ourselves after about 430pm and the fisnin' was good.

Looked like folks were driving N to Garden or ? ?. Saw 4 vehicles come from the way N thru the afternoon!

Maybe see you this spring.

Norm

fisky,

For the first time in about 8 years I lucked out and got some time off this time of year grin. Should be home til about mid April. I'll give you a yell when this weather settles down, maybe I can pick you up on my way thru Roseau and we can snag some walruses soon.

later

Hey Todd sorry for not gettin back sooner. Had some water worries over here. I still have a shop building on the land near Wannaska where we lost our house to the 02 flood so I was out there a few times. Water no where near the 02 level but close to 04's. Been dropping now but we still are wary of the weather to come in the next week or so. Hope all is well down your way.

Fishing.. Ya man I can go at the drop of a hat now! Mid week prefered for boating though! I don't get to excited anymore about the spring run but do try to do a midweek trip or 3 anyhows when conditions are good. I'll icefish anytime, lot's of elbow room this time of year on the ice sheet thank god!

What a mess weatherwise. I'm thinking maybe the best thing would be for the tribs to bust loose sooner than later so it'll maybe clear out soon enough to see a few days of good conditions before season closes??

Still good ice on the lake, lots of holes to drill yet! Due to mass quantities of touristas the last few seasons I've been doing more and more ice fishing on the river during the spring season with some good results but with conditions as they are on the river, and being I think it'll only worsen short term it don't look like that ice gig is gonna work out either. Oh well, DNR estimates 5% of US LOTW Walleye spawn in the river so that leaves the other 95% of the Walleyes out there to spawn in the lake, and be pursued by the late ice crowd.

Todd e me, got different cell # these days. New computer too so I got to get my address box squared away.

Norm

Norm,

I am heading off to the pond tomorrow to drill some holes, and hopefully find some fishes. Kind of short notice but if your free I have a yukon voyaguer with room for two and a wheeler to pull it out.

Are you still fiskyknut at yahoo dot com?

Toddb

Yepper same email addy, same Roseau #.

Let's do it! East, West, or middle? !!