• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Tackle Garage Sale

Been going through my fishing stuff and decided there are quite a number of items that I can do without (cranks, plastics, electronics, rods, etc) so am trying to put together a Garage Sale with a bunch of guys that is only fishing tackle - any species, open water or ice. Could be a place for guys that make their own stuff to make a few sales as well.

I have a date and a place: April 18th at Cubby's Cafe & Deli in Ramsey (new business). It is located at 157th and Nowthen Blvd. They have a big parking lot they are more than willing to let us use. Will be from 8 am - 2 pm. We will have a bucket out for donations to some local charity as well.

Place is easy to find - pretty much straight shot from Hwy 10 - Sunfish Lake Blvd north to Nowthen Blvd - make a left and quick right and there it is.

Looking for guys who want to set up a table and sell stuff and wanted to let everyone know about it as well. Would like to get at least 15-20 guys or so with stuff to get rid of to make it worth visiting for others.

If you're interested in bringing a table to sell stuff, let me know. Will keep you posted on our progress. Also posting it on several websites and planning to put up roadside signs.

We have a Swap Meet every year with guys from the Duluth/Bwca forum and it a big hit. Lots of good gear and deals.

If you havent done one its fun and easy to do. We charge $10 a table and some of the proceeds go to the Cub Scouts and the rest goes to a Get Together.

Hadn't thought about charging for tables - figured putting out a bucket for a local charity would suffice and everyone is responsible for bringing their own table or whatever to put their stuff on for sale.

Sounds pretty good Daze, I don't have much to get rid of, but if I can scrounge some buddies with stuff together I'd like to do it. If nothing else, I'll have to stop buy and maybe stock up.

Great idea Daze! I'm interested. I will commit as it gets a little closer.

Great ideas! Anybody know of something like this on the East Metro? If not, I'll have to remember to hit Daze's deal.

Thanks to those that take the time to organize this great opportunity for buyers & sellers!!!!

This is a great idea! I have a bunch of muskie lures and a few rods to get rid off. If I'm not working I will be there.

Brian

Keep those cards and letters coming - I'm figuring that I will need at least 10 sellers to make it worthwhile for people to make a trip. Would love to get 20 though. Aside from the deals imagine the [PoorWordUsage] that will be swapped.....

Thanks for your support!

Another Update:

Had another chat with the owner of Cubby's Coffee and Deli and besides sponsoring the event with his parking lot he is going to have either brats or hot dogs on the grill outside with a pop for $2 and inside there is an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast for $4.99 which is his regular deal.

He is really pumped about this thing and wants this to be the "First Annual".

If you want to set up shop just respond here and I'll give you contact information.

I think it's a great idea, but Ramsey is a little too far for me. I wish someone would put one together for south of the river. Good luck Daze!

Thanks FH - we tried to find a more central location but couldn't quite pull it off. We did have an offer of a commercial building in Princeton to use so at least we did better than that...

I also think its a great idea. I have been looking for some nice used stuff for trying different things. I will try and make it up there. Thanks for putting that event together.

Just bringing this back to the top again so everyone has a shot at joining us either to buy or sell! Going to need a firm committment from guys wanting to sell stuff by late this week!

If you don't have enough yourself I know a couple guys are going together on a table...something to think about!

Thanks for bringing this back up..I didn't catch it before...sounds like a great idea!

OT - glad you saw it - hope you can join us!

A bit of an update - I will have an area for donations to a foodshelf in Anoka that serves the area where the sale is located. Please bring either non-perishable food items or $$$ to donate if you come.

This sounds great! I would really like to be there. What is the latest I can sign up?

j -

Middle of next week would be fine. Would like to get a handle on how many to expect before the weekend prior to the event so I can advertise better.

Daze

Gee Daze, too bad I moved from Ramsey to Grand Rapids. Didn't know there was any property left up that way for a cafe. I used to live just off Ramsey Blvd.

lambjm -

We were practically neighbors I'm off Sunfish Lake Blvd. The cafe is where the old Girl Scout Bldg was on Nowthen Blvd.

Daze,

I want to get a table/parking spot but have some questions. How do I get a hold of you. No email has been posted to my knowledge and the PM is no longer being used.

Thanks!

Directions from Hwy 10: Exit Hwy 10 at Sunfish Lake Blvd (Comfort Inn, Shell Station, Plants and Things are landmarks). Go north to 4-way stop. Continue straight to next 4-way stop. Go straight to next stop sign. This will be Nowthen Blvd (Cty Rd 5). Make a left then quick right. Cubby's is log cabin looking business on north side of Nowthen Blvd. We will be in parking lot.

Aside from the use of their parking lot, Cubby's is offering Hot Dogs/Brats for $2 and has an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast for $4.99 ea.

There will be a place to donate cash or canned goods to ACBC Foodshelf which serves Anoka. Ramsey, Andover and beyond. This is completely voluntary of course but it would be nice to remember those with needs as we sell off our excesses.

If you want to sell all you need to do is let me know - bring your own table(s). Contact me at [email protected] or PM me here with questions or to sign-up. It is getting to the point where I need to know who is planning to sell by the middle of next week at the latest.

Rain date is the following Saturday, April 25th. Check here if there is any question whether is is postponed for weather related issues.

Daze, let me see what I can do. I have a few things I could probably get rid of. I will have to give my aunt a call and see if I can use her table. I will have probably 3 or 4 rods, a couple reels, some tackle boxes, some lures, leader material. I will shoot you an email.

I plan to make it.

My wife thinks I need to thin out my "collectable" rod/reel collection. And I have some anchors, oar locks, kid-size life vests and stuff that needs a new home.

Daze, let me see what I can do. I have a few things I could probably get rid of. I will have to give my aunt a call and see if I can use her table. I will have probably 3 or 4 rods, a couple reels, some tackle boxes, some lures, leader material. I will shoot you an email.

I'll look forward to it!