• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

perch depth one more time

wmn luv me walleye fearme

Coming up on saturday again for the day (had posted about perch

depth a couple weeks ago) Not sure if I will be driving or walking out someplace this weekend (I guess just depends on whether the resorts have their accesses open or not) And just was wondering what depth they are catching them out now. When I was out 2 weeks ago it was about 28 feet but trying to find out if they are moving shallower now. Also if they are closed and I do get stuck walking out any idea where is a good place that is somewhat close to shore. Any help appreciated,

thanks

Thanks for the depth, where you went out of could you have walked by chance? Not sure if I'll be able to drive this weekend and even though we would be taking my car my buddy's pretty nervous as he dropped the front end of his truck in Pelican last weekend. (his own dumb fault as he tried driving across a pressure ridge where he saw tracks, one of about 10 cars that dropped in on that ridge this winter from what I hear)

Thanks again

We were out of Lyback's Saturday, did well in 29 feet, my partner went to the same spot yesterday and did ok. Tried several other spots and it was slow. Driving is ok yet from Lyback's.

Probably would have been about a mile to walk out where we were at. If you want to walk out you could try rocky reef or andersons reef but it's still a wats to walk. We got some fish on rocky about 3 weeks ago in 30' on the west side.

They are still deep as far as we know. Heard some reports of folks catching them in the isle bay but not any huge size or numbers. Our access should hold a couple more days for trucks but wheelers should be fine for a bit. We'll probably put a ramp off our docks for wheeler access - we are playing it by ear at this point.

In the past we have caught lots of perch in 10 to 15 feet of water in wahkon bay this time of year, i am not to sure that I will make it there this year.

ended up driving out of rocky reef on saturday (believe they shut down there access sunday) Ended up with 12 nice perch between 2 of us. Amazing the girth difference between some of the ones at 10 and then some at 11.5-12 or so that looked like footballs. Caught some at 30 feet, some at 10 feet. Overall pretty slow as we worked extremely hard for what we got.