• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dish Network in wheelhouse?

JASONY

Question

Just wondering what the best route to take to get Dish network in a wheelhouse. Had direct tv before but now we switched to dish network for our home service. The home service is not connected to a land line so I am hoping that just getting an extra receiver and dish and it will be the same as direct tv for the hook up. Does dish network charge for extra receivers? if so how much? We currently are using 3 tvs at home off of two receivers, so not much of a option to take receiver from home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

10 answers to this question

JASON, your best bet is to buy an extra receiver on an online auction site. If you own the receiver versus leasing it from Dish, you can add it and take it off your account whenever you want. It would just be an additional $5 a month to have the receiver on your account and get the current programming you are subscribed to at home. You then need to purchase another satellite dish for your wheelhouse. What receivers do you have at home right now and what satellite dish did they put up? The biggest thing is that Dish Network is putting all or at least most of their new customers on the Eastern Arch which utilizes certain satellites for you services. In order to receive programming in your wheelhouse, you need to receive those same satellites and the dish and receiver that you need may vary. I have a few dishes in my garage. Let me know what equipment you currently have and I can help you from there.

LakeDocktor, our receivers are a VIP222K and VIP722DVR. All I could see on the dish was Turbo HD and on the end of the dish arm was dp plus. I didnt crawl up there, but i can if these aren't what you need to know. Thanks for the help.

JASON, on one of your remotes, hit Menu 6-1-3 and let me know what numbers come up above the three green boxes.

You are going to have a difficult time finding another receiver for a reasonable price on the internet. You are going to need an MPEG4 receiver, I would look for a 211, for your wheelhouse. You are also going to need a 1000.4 dish (the same dish on your house) as well. This equipment is fairly new equipment from Dish Network so there are very few who actually own their receivers or have this dish. It may be pretty difficult to add what you want without spending a decent amount of money. The problem is when Dish Network is adding customers to their Eastern Arch (Satellites 77, 72.7 and 61.5), the older equipment is still using the Western Arch (Satellites 119, 110 and 129) and your services come from those satellites in which the account is set up under. In other words, since you have the Eastern Arch, you will not be able to pull in any subscribed channels with older equipment as those services come from different satellites than your account is set up for. Where are you located? The hardest problem you are going to have is finding the extra dish. You can find the receiver for around $100.

LakeDoctor, Do you know where you can get an old dish(saucer) not with the globes or whatever they call them on it. I want to take the brackets off and make something out of it?? Thanks

It may be easier and more cost effective to use one your existing Box's.

The home team will just have to sacrifice a bit while you're out FISHING! ... grin

This is what I have been doing for the last four years with no problems. I have three at home, but when fishing time is around, the home only has two, and the fish house/hunting shack gets the other one.