• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice conditions

I haven't been around for the past week, how are the ice conditions in the area?

I'm specifially interested Green, Diamond, and Eagle.

Thanks guys

Was out on Green Sunday. Lots of water on the ice but still lots of good ice I'd guess 2+ ft. Just by driving by it looks as if alot of the water on the lakes has been absorbed into the ice. Be careful around any cracks or holes in the ice. There was a crack by Coliers that appeared to be over a foot wide due to water erosion. Me I think I'll wait till open water in 3 weeks or so.

actually drove by to go to work today and there was a truck on foot today. was on waska sat. and ice was ok the landing getting alot of water

Was on Andrew monday night, seen 4 trucks drive out, I elected to walk out. I heard the guys say they would probably not be driving out by the weekend. The ice is still in pretty good shape though.

Was out last night, lots of slushy ice on top, was tough walking. Be careful around some of the drilled holes, they're starting to expand. Not much water on top of the ice, it had drained off. Probably could have drove but walking is good for you! smile This is where a 4-wheeler would be nice!!

i would say four wheeler only. Was on green sunday seemed fine went back yesterday what a diffrence. The auger flew threw the ice it lost alot of strength and the water on top is all gone now. And be carefull 8" holes are getting big 14" plus from water running in. Diamond was kinda the same monday but alot of people drove out there yesterday. the water was unning in some of the cracks out there also. Ice cleats would be a real asset if you have them.

i believe it was a white pick-up. i was on other side hwy71 side. but if it was you how was it i was thinking about trying on sat. walking out of course. anything a biting? i see today there are people out on the other side by the radio station fishing any one have any reports?

Between you and me it has been a blast. (Don't tell anyone smile )Took the kid after work for last few days and a guy can get his limit of Crapies if he wants in about 1/2 hr to an hour. Some of the spots you don't need to sort much as they are nice sizes.

Still even with the varied sizes it's fun. Was walking for last two days but drove there last night, as it got cold fishing the evening before so figure could hop in the truck to warm up or just get going quick. Ice seems to be around 28 to 30". Probably won't recommend driving though, it's just a gut feeling, use 4wheeler or just the two feets.

I figure give a honest fishing report and the hot spot, as Taking the kids out of town for spring break for a week.

Have fun and leave a few for me for when I get Back....:)

cool! as long as it don't rain i think i will make it out for the last time myself this weekend. i've been learning waska since i moved to benson, but i won't dare drive out there and don't own a wheeler so i problably just settle for foot lake since it is not so far to walk.

ya but on foot not so bad. I did make it out sat. sure glad because by the way foot looks now ice fishing is done. J you were sure right it took me about 2 hours though i had to sort through alot but ended the year with my limit of sunnies and crappies. Sure glad i invested in the vex. best thing i could have done will never regret it. would have liked to go to waska but i figured that walk was to much. oh well i had a blast anyways, now its time for the boats!!

I'm glad you had good time....I'll might see you out on the open water now....I'm back in Willmar and firt day back at the Bait shop. Saw the vacation sign was gone at the shop door must be from the rain or some one riped it off...donno....

Well good to be back in Willmar time to get ready for fishing opener.......