• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mille Lacs Ice Conditions???

FLnick87

We had a trip planned this thursday and friday, and wwere just wondering how the ice and landings are doing and if they will still be holding up by then? we were originally planning on taking trucks, but now thinking wheelers may be a better option..let me know what you guys think

You should be able to drive out of Lybacks. was there sat and Sun and driving all over. Just give him a call just to be sure.

I was out of Lybacks on Monday the 16th and the landing and ice were just fine. There was some standing water next to the snowbanks but there was plenty on dry spots to fish. Eddie Lyback gave me a map when I checked in and pointed out a few good spots that payed off. The auger went all the way to the handles everywhere I drilled. I also caught one of my buddies:

Pix2-09173.jpg

Sorry, being a good fisherman I took everything off the lake that I brought onto the lake.

I'm going to be up there this weekend as well. I'm planning on the wheeler, just easier to get around with, IMO. looking forward to chasing the perch!!

By the 27th, probably 4 wheelers only. Our access is still good but it has a little water on top of the ice - ice is still solid. Some shallow spots are probably unsafe to drive over (look for dark spots) and, don't cross over any pressure ridges (on our end there is one along Mac's road).

I had every intention of walking...would be fishing the isle/wahkon area...in theory that should be the strongest ice given it's SE location.

As of today it must have been fine. I saw a couple trucks go out this morning from there.

I was driving on the lake last sunday, the ice was fine. There was plenty of water on top of the ice sunday morning/afternoon, which is a good sighn, but by 3 in the afternoon all the water seeped through the ice, bad sighn. You will be able to fish up there next saturday, maybe even get out with a wheeler, but with this rain you might have to walk out.

Was hoping to make it up there on friday, that's not going to work now...any chance of sunday or monday having accessible, safe ice?

I came off the ice on sunday at noon for the last time, ended on a good note!! the ice was good, I was on wheeler and could drive anywhere. I'd be curious to see how she looks now though after all the rain.

personally, I wouldn't do it. that being said however, I'm sure there will be quite a few people out there. I heard the public access by hunters is in good shape. If you do go, call ahead and use a resort, they will know better than anyone how it will be going. foot for sure, maybe wheelers.