• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hutch river?

Right now! A buddy and I were out there this weekend an got a few cats and carp with worms.

Yeah i think that river is really clean lol nothing better then catching cats and carp you might as well fish for sticks and filet them.

Yeah i think that river is really clean lol nothing better then catching cats and carp you might as well fish for sticks and filet them.

Sometimes it's nice just to fight a fish. Sticks don't fight very well.

the only thing i do with carp from the river is hit em over the head with a rock and toss em back in

The river is starting to flow pretty good now and the new rock dam is running over as designed. Carp get a bad rap because they're not a desirable fish, but I don't think anyone can deny they are one of the best fights you'll have on the other end of your line....especially when snagged which is typically the case.

I see LMITOUT shows his pride for the Bison and the tourney bid!!! Very nice. My nephew has yet to let me forget about the Gopher football defeat so I can't imagine the firestorm from this. Oh wait....his last e-mail...and one to follow...and the one to follow. The Gophs made it but still.

Fight or not....carp from a river are not even good for smoking....

There are a lot of people who wish to fish carp and never really understood it, but still have respect for it I guess. The more people fishing carp on the river is less people fishing the lakes I guess. laugh

In my opinion fishing for carp can be more fun than any other fish, the river has supposedly just opened up in Lester Prairie and I cant wait for the carp to start biting.

I would think if you would want to get a kid into fishing fast, hook him/her up with a carp and they should be hooked. I'd rather catch a bunch of ugly hard fighting fish than taking a chance at getting skunked by some weak picky fish.

I like fishing for the other fish, but carp will keep you busy all summer when nothing else is biting.

hello when carp fishing do you bobber fish or slip sinker fish also what baits work best in the crow thanks

I remember riding our bikes down to the river with fishing rod, nightcrawler, an extra couple egg sinkers & hooks in hand, and catching carp after carp out of the mighty cottonwood river. Kept us busy for hours as 12-15 year olds, and i dont remember catching a bigger fish at that age... carefree days where did they go?

I don't think anyone is arguing that they don't fight in the river or lakes, we would lose that bet. Dogfish fight good also, but I wouldn't purposely target them. I do fish for enjoyment but also enjoy the occasional meal. With that being said I will stick to walleyes and pannies.....

Pink jig with a white tail and a minnow catches everything in the crow. A local favorite....

I use a half oz weight with a plain hook and night crawler. use a swivel to keep the line from twisting and also keeps the weight away form the hook. cast 'er out and watch the rod.

out of the crow you will get suckers, carp, bullhead, cats and red horses mostly but will pick up a walleye or pike once in a while(depending on where you go)

its can be alot of fun. when the ice on the lakes gets bad the river starts to get good

Well, when it comes to catch and release, everything is a carp in my mind. I mean what the heck...I have pictures of me on my desk holding both walleyes, bass and carp. Most people ask about the carp !!