• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is it possible???

Ralph Wiggum

I've got a "lawn spot" issue. I always hear, "Just make him pee in one place." Well, easier said than done. I've tried this a couple of times. It always starts off well. But after he's thouroughly soaked everything in the area with pee, he refuses to go in that area. It doesn't matter how bad he has to go, he'll just stand there and look at me.

I put him on the leash, lead him to the area, praise him and give him treats when he goes. Doesn't seem to matter.

So, my question is, does anyone have a male dog that will pee in one designated spot? I'm starting to think it's impossible.

Oh, he's one year old. He's intact, but is getting snipped in mid-April. Maybe that will help by knocking down his raging hormones confused

My lab will go in a designated area if we tell him to, otherwise he goes wherever. I did what you are doing, and that worked, just takes time. (ours is snipped, if that matters)

Keep it up, it should work.