• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

sportsmans warehouse

midwesthunter

Was at the Coon Rapids store on Saturday - most of the decent stuff is already gone - it was nuts!

Any one been at the Woodbury store? Wondering if it still is worth checking out or if most stuff is gone? Its close to my work.

Any one been at the Woodbury store? Wondering if it still is worth checking out or if most stuff is gone? Its close to my work.

I was there Friday night, wow was it busy, it was like the state fair.

Everything was 10%, lures and plastics were 20, and a very small amount of stuff was 30% off (ice fishing stuff). I was unimpressed.

If it's close to your work it might be worth checking out, for me it wasn't worth going.

I was at woodbury 20% off lures, tackle. Rods and reels were at 10. I just browsed since I dont need anything, figured Id comeback a lot later as things get cheaper. Let the stuff sit there and it will just get cheaper... I dont get it I worked at a gander that closed and our fishing department sat for weeks at 40% and people were not snatching stuff up.

I was at the CRs store on Saturday...never seen so many stupid people in my life! Lines 20 people deep, all to save 10%. I told a couple of people with arms full of stuff to go to Fleet Farm if they want another 10% off what they'll pay today. I understand bargin hunting, but these people were clueless.

I discovered the store in Woodbury about a year ago and thought it was a nice store, its sad to see them go. I wish we could jump out of this economic crises, so many great business going. But I guess its survival of the fittest and the ones that make it are the better businesses, and will become better to survive.

all they are doing is closing stores east of the Rocky mountains,they will still have stores open in the west.So they do not need to give stuff away?

The St. Cloud store was a zoo Friday afternoon. I picked up a $59.95 rod marked down 10% to $53.96. When I pulled the wrapper off, I found a price tag marked $53.96 underneath the $59.95 sticker. They marked it up 10% only to 'discount' it back down. Kind of slimy but I guess I deserve it trying to be a vulture.

If any of you happen to have a gift card for Sportsman Warehouse they are only good till March 31 2009

Retailers hire a liquidation representative to price merchandise at a market high so that the initial discounts reflect MSRP. As the discounts increase, your ability to find better deals improves. You need to be in the store on the right day. Ultimately, you need to know the going price of what you want to determine if you're getting a great deal.

Are the stores in MN emptied out like the one in Sioux Falls. It sounds like they might have moved a few things already before the sale....

I was in the Coon Rapids store on Saturday, and the sales associates said that they are going to be getting more merchandise in from other stores to sell. Don't know when, or how much.

The Coon Rapids store has a lot of stuff, and there are always a ton of people in there taking advantage of the deals.

Have they discounted their firearms yet?

I think they advertised 5% off firearms at the CR store.