• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lifetime Licenses

Jack The Ripped

Has anyone purchased a lifetime licenses?

I see it would be advantagous to purchase them before you turn 15 or after 51.

But I don't remember them offering them when I was 15.

I guess I am right in the middle now and just trying to figure out if I should wait.

Also wondering what happens if you buy a "Resident" and then become a "NONresident" what happens??

Can you just pay the difference and be done with it or what??

I bought one for my daughter before she turned 4 at $227. There is some literature that says that one of the advantages is that you maintain resident status if you move out of state, at least from a fishing standpoint. I don't know how it is for the hunting license. There is all the information on the DNR website.

I bought one 5 years ago and figured that I'd be ahead of the cost of a license at age 63. The LTL does not include trout stamps. I've also been lobbying the State Legislature to keep them from adotpting an extra fee if they allow using 2 rods. The best deal is for the kids, but they would still have to be well into thier 30's before it will value out. I also believe that a holder of the LTL can get a resident license no matter what state they live in. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Resident lifetime license is valid even if the licensee moves out of state

A lifetime license remains valid even if the license holder moves out of Minnesota. The licensee will still need to obtain an annual license to hunt or fish in Minnesota.

Strait from the DNR web site.

I wonder if you would be able to enter for turkey hunting if you got sporting lifetime license and you moved out of state?

I got one 6 years ago. I think its a very smart move. Its always valid as long as your alive. No more paying annual fees. I still purchase a trout stamp.

From the way I ran the numbers, I'd have it paid off within 20 years if license costs stay the same. Odds are license costs will go up. If they do, it won't have much of an effect.

I would never buy a lifetime license and here's why. It never fails that whenever I blow and engine or a tranny in a vehicle it's right after I put new tags on it and filled up the tank. I don't like the odds. Sure enough I would buy a lifetime license and the state would come out way ahead.

In my mind it is a great investment for younger outdoorsman. I recently purchased a sportsman LTL and it is nice to go in and give them the card and have them print it up for the cost of nothing. Lets face it the price of a license isn't going to go down.

I got a lifetime sportsman and a lifetime firearms right before i turned 15, or whenever it jumped up. I think i split the cost with my parents at the time. It still seems like i spend enough on licenses, i would hate to see it if i had to buy a regular license every year. well worth it for me.

Are you able to get more then one type of life time licenses? I thought I read you are only able to get one type.

I recieved one for a birthday gift and have know relocated outside of the state. Very happy i have that lifetime!

I purchased my lifetime sportsmans license and deer hunting license before moving out of state. A large up front bill will be paid for in around 6 years if I am remembering the math correctly for the NR licenses and the cost of the LTL.

If you plan on fishing in minnesota every year for the rest of your why not get it. I bought one when I was 15 and im glad I did...it will be paid off when I 30 something I believe (assuming the price stays the same).

I would assume he would be talking about the life time firearm deer license. You can get an archery or firearm lifetime deer license.

he is correct, lifetime firearms deer license. I wondeer if they do/would offer a lifetime muzzleloader license. Don't think i would buy one now, but why wouldn't they if they offer archery and firearms?