• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

warm days make springs active

Crappie Castle

whitefish lake has gone from 32 inches of ice to 18 with springs becoming active...have 4 holes that are open and west side is pulling away from shore...ice is melting from the bottom up with the spring being so active...spring is coming fast....not sure how the other small lake are but im guessing the same.....

Do you have crappie action that can be accessed by foot from the resort? I don't mind a good walk pulling a sled for some good action.

luv2rapala

not anymore we closed the landing ...we are down to 16 inches as of tonight...time to get my roll docks redone with out decking off and new on....i think we will be putting them in real soon... for the crappie bite that everyone has been waiting for....been getting alot of phone calls asking when i think ice out will be...at his rate fishing out of boats by april 10th is my guess..crappies in my april 19th...i am guess this because this weekend everyone was catching bass,sunfish,and crappies in shallow water....the bald eagles are every where....swans are on the lake..and the geese are flying...spring is here

ice in front down to less then a foot...huge ice heves on mille lacs...and huge cracks ....fisherman that were out today said they guess ice out by end of march for whitefish and april 10th for mille lacs they also are guess if mille lacs goes out early it will be a hot opener

Have you heard anything about the conditions on Shakopee? Do you think that would be walk -able on Friday?

im thinking no...landing is opening fast and its pulling away from shore....sorry..but the good thing is we will probally have boats out by april 1st at this rate....i have never seen it melt this fast...i have never had by docks in before the 20th of april and at this rate they will be in the first weekend of april..shakapee all i know is the creek at both ends are wide open and ice is black....the creek at onamia is flowing really fast...i go pass shakopee every day i can let you know tomorrow....

Did you happen to take a peek at Shakopee today? With this cooler weather, I wonder if its slowing the demise of the ice.

thx

htey are walking and 4 wheeling on shakopee but there was some open water specially by the two creeks

Cool...hopefully this spring we will come up and visit. Do you guys operate a boat launch for day trippers during open water?

yes we have the landing open all summer for anyone not just cabin people....sometimes parking is tricky but we always work it out .....there is times we disconnect trailers and but the in are septic mound or at the neighbors but we always work it out...