• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

elk hunting

dewey1980

looking to set up a elk hunt,never done it before so looking for ideas on where to go and whats places are best for a trophy.

I lived and hunted in western MT for many years.

I would highly recommend going to CO. also. It used to be said that there are more Elk in CO then the rest of the USA combinded.

I don't know if that is true now or not. If you are going out there with no previous contacts I would concentrate on CO forsure.

I had a buddy that also hunted the Craig, CO area and he always did pretty good. He also went through an outfitter.

Lots of good elk hunting in CO, and yes, they have more elk then all the other states combined. OTC tags are available for many areas and access can be as easy or as hard as you want.

where in CO thinking over the counter liscense public land or guide want to make sure its a great hunt starting to save for 2011 season thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I went to guide school last year for western big game hunting. It was in western montana, Philipsburg. I've been looking for people to take out there and guide. Let me know if your interested. I specialize in Archery and Rifle Elk hunts, I know the in's and out's to big wilderness hunting, and I have some very good spots in MT.

[email protected]