• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Snow conditions on the Gunflint Trail?

We've been putting off a family snowmobiling trip up to the Gunflint trail all winter. Finally nailed down a time this week to go and sure enough we get this warm weather.

I would appreciate any up to date snow conditions on the Gunflint trail.

Looks like it was warm up there today (Sunday) and supposed to be warm on Monday. I need to make a decision by mid day Monday.

We basically lost all rideable snow around the Brainerd area a day ago but I know you guys had a lot more of a base so a few days of warm temps can sometimes still be ok.

Thanks

ccarlson

It's gonna be rough.. Had big time melt today, suppose to cool down by weekend.. Trails might be rough but the lakes should still be ok and Forest Service roads..

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'd be surprised if there aren't a lot of bare spots. Even if there is snow it'll be loose like a slurpie. If the temps drop and freezes the it might be OK.

Well i hope ya like eating them carbides up! Ya we gots the bear ground everywhere up here! After todays high of 55ish the trails will definetaly be garbage! Its so sloppy and wet everywhere... Dont forget either that just cause theres snow on lakes doesnt mean its ok to "lake hop" riding... Lots of city folk out over the weekend up for the last hooraa with blown engines on there sleds cause they think its alright to run them like normal when its 20+ degrees out... So take or leave all this info... TTYL

Crud...Looks like we missed out this year. We were going to head up on Tuesday morning but I think we'll skip it.

Thanks for all the help guys. Not fun to waste a 5 hour drive to find bad conditions.

Thanks again,

ccarlson

Ice King I think you answered my question, but it sounds like a lot of water on the lakes on the gunflint at present ? Thank you