• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

good deal?

MattNy

A guy at work wants to sell me his 05 mathews switchback. it has a cobra sight, whisker biscuit, mathews quiver, newer strings,and a stabilizer. he wants $450. is this a good deal? i was thinkin about getting a new mission bow. would i be better off getting the new mission or the used switchback?

I'm not expert but that sounds like a nice deal but it can't hurt to offer him $400. I have alwasy liked used high end bows over the brand new cheaper models.

I think the switchback was $800 new without the accessories so that does seem like a pretty good deal to me.

Personally I would take a high end used Mathews over a middle of the road new mission.

I had a switch back and loved it. That is a heck of a buy. But see if it fits and if it does thats a hard deal to pass up, nice bow.

I bought a slightly used switchback 3 years ago. I'm glad i did, i would buy the bow. Shoot it first if you want, but thats a hard deal to pass up.

Yes, that is a very good deal, if you don't take it, I'm sure that someone will. Do a price check on the whisker biscuit, sight, and quiver, and stabilizer, you have half of that money right there.

NOt too bad. I bought a used 07 vectrix all set up for $500. I would shoot it first if you can though.

Shoot the bow and see if it fits you. They can recam it to make a smaller change on some.

Sounds like a good use bow for the money.

As long as it fits you i'd go with the switchback over the mission. Not that they aren't good bows but everyone you talk to loves their switchback and most guys wouldnt trade there switchy for any new matthews. Its a good bow and one of matthews better ones i think. Again as long as it fits and it looks in good shape id snatch it up in a heart beat.

FYI Mathew's lifetime warranty does get voided when you re sell it. Not a bad bow but if something happens and warranty would cover it your screwed.

I'd go get sized up at the shop and then visit archerytalk dot com go to the classifieds and start shopping. but 450 sounds like it's in the hunt with most of the others I've seen unless it doesn't have a drop away rest. Most are 500 bucks. I would also shoot a few at the shot to get a feel of what you like and don"t like

bought the switchback today. Shot a few arrows after work and its pretty sweet. Thanks for all the input

That's a poor deal, don't do it!!!!! Now do me a favor and send me your co-workers; name, phone number,email address and any pictures of the bow that you or they have.......JK. The Switchback is a very nice bow, even though it is 4 yrs old it probably still has plenty of life in it. might need to be re-strung, but there are some great aftermarket strings out there.

Look it over carefully and if it has never been dry fired or abused go for it.

Well I guess I should have read all the posts before replying...

......you have already bought the bows.......very nice....you'll be pleased very much