• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Couple more days!!

Couple more days left and we can forget about driving out. When she hits 60 which is what they are saying for Monday, its all over. It was a great year of ice fishing for me......

I have seen people drive out in 70 degree weather, I thought it was absolutly nuts, but they did. I was ice fishing in a t-shirt.

The end of the walleye season weeds out alot of people, but the final blow is the inability to drive vehicles onto the ice. I will be enjoying my solitude on the lakes for another couple weeks smile

45 to 55 the next ten days. Unless you guys are bringing a canoe to get to the ice I highly doubt it.

As of today the ice was still in fine shape. A few more days like today and I might even start takin the wheeler or walkin out.

Fine shape, I like that one. A few more days like today and you will be going swimming.....Lol.

I like people who think after a couple of warm days the ice fishing is done. We have at least a week or more of fishing left. I think after today I may have to fire up the 4 wheeler. The ice is fine it is the landings that are getting bad.

Drove out on Buffalo Sun night and there's a few small holes at the accesses. I probably won't be driving out after today but there's 2' of solid ice and that won't be going away anytime soon. Several weeks of hard water fishing left. I usually go into April around here every year and I don't see this one being any different. Be safe and enjoy those aggressive pannies you can.

A month ago it wasn't over 50 degrees for a week. And I didn't say ice fishing was done I said driving on metro lakes is about over. Some people don't even take the time to read a post, they just want to talk about how brave they are.

Sticknstring if the forecast holds true the average high over the next 9 days would be around 48 degrees. Not too sure about April this year. I know we had thick ice this winter but the last 2 weeks of March usually aren't 50 degrees either.........

This time of year the pannies move in shallow, so when the shoreline ice melts away, would fishing from shore with a bobber be effective at all?

No i dont think so JB usually takes till after ice is all off and water temps move past freezing, just from my experience. Usually start catching about a week to 2 weeks after ice out fishing from a boating in shallow water for those pannies.

The fishing isn't done until the 2 x 12 x 10' plank comes out of the garage. The best part of the hard water fishing is about to come upon us. Water running in the holes yesterday on Buffalo, another good sign of things to come. Warm weather and good fishing buddies sitting on pales in the middle of a floating ice chunk. Only in Minnesota can you have this kind of fun. Be safe and enjoy the rest of the time left with this ice. If you see garbage on the lake, please pick it up and make it go away.

The ice on clearwater was still holding up when I left this evening and the access is in ok shape. I think tomorow might be the last day I drive out. The first two inches of ice is rotten but lots of good hard ice left to melt yet.

Sounds like a truck broke through the Buffalo landing, and one broke through Pelican Lake's landing. Some people will never learn. I bet these guys that are getting their trucks pulled out aren't talking so big anymore. But don't worry there will be more to come. 60 degrees again tomorrow and we will see more full size trucks on the lakes. Definately time to walk.......

today was my last day of driving on the ice. when I went out there today there was no water on the ice. I thought yep not a good idea driving out anymore.

Know your lake and please everyone be safe and take the time to check the landing and the ice conditions before deciding weather or not you are willing to drive out. Be safe and good fishing to you all.

As the ice melts some of the pannies may move shallow. It's best to hit where the weeds were last fall, sometimes shallower. What day will the ice go out on buffalo? April 11. may guess.

Has anyone tried Pulaski shallow this time of the year??? I don't think I want to go out on the lake, but am willing to try the shoreline.

Not yet, been getting the boats ready for fishing. 1 is in the shop for spring tune-ups plus system checks. The other boat just needs motor hung on it, and add gas. I am thinking hitting some of the shoreline areas for late season ice fishing. 15ft and less.

somelakes haven't even pulled from shore, so i aint worried about bringing the ladder quite yet :-)