• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

If in fact that this was the case, it should do nothing more than seal Childress's fate here in Minnesota. With the exception of AP, he has proven that he can't draft worth a hill of beans and his ability to "coach" a QB to become NFL caliber is nonexistent. He wasn't a top notch Offensive Coordinator in Philly (Andy Reid did most of it) and should never have been given the job here. Guess the only light at the end of the tunnel is perhaps the team will have such a bad season that Zig will have no choice but to fire this hunk of [PoorWordUsage] head coach and there are some pretty good coaches out there that will be ready to come back to coaching next year. Namely, Shanahan! Look at what he did with mediocre backs in Denver.......think what he should be able to do with AP?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I don't think the Vikings are built for what Shanahan did in Denver or Kubiak is doing in Houston.

Now Cohwer, the Vikes are built for his style.

the vikes are built for for anybodies style except chillies. get a new coach and adapt to his ways!

Come on guys, I am bummed that we didnt go after any top names, but the season hasnt even started yet, lets not call out the team quite yet. We did win the division last year, there is still alot of time left before the season starts, and the Vikes have alot of cap space to move, so we may just get someone big in here yet.

True wandering eyes,but what if they dont. they had their chance and you dont wait with a Cutler if you have a TJack!

That's the first I read of it. That is insane that they could have got him and Chilipepper nixed it. Guy is brilliant isn't he? If it isn't a tight owner (like Red) it's an idiot coatch that messes it all up.

Nobody said Chili nixed the trade. I am not a huge Chili supporter, but the team has improved every year he has been coach. The team has not even taken a snap this year and people have already written them off. Some of the reports that people are forgeting about is how sensitive Cutler is and how he might be blowing up to be more than it really is. Maybe Sage might provide enough for this team to be better than last year. But there is so much negative vibe here you would think we were the Lions and not the Vikes.

so chili could have wanted cutler but someone under him could have nixed the trade?

Im not buying that. It starts and ends with chili.

I think we are all going to just have to deal with Sage and T Awsome. I do not believe we are going to be getting anyone like Cutler. I can still see us doing SOMETHING, I am just not sure what that is.

I think we're only hearing half the story here. First of all, why would we have a deal "done" on a player that not everyone was sold on...especially the head coach? Usually, that process is reversed. Secondly, we're not hearing what the terms are/were on this deal. Just how many and how high of draft picks were we going to give up? Let's remember, the Vikes have alot of holes to fill this comming draft and second round of free-agency. That being said, the Vikes also were divisional champs last year and did win 10 games. Just how many more games is Cutler going to win for us? Maybe a couple? Maybe not. I think Cutler is going to be a really good q-back and I'd love to have him on the Vikes but if it was going to cost us dearly in terms of draft picks than no-thanks. We do need better quarterback play...we also need alot better special teams performances...and a tackle...and a d-back...and most importantly, better coaching. I'd love to see the Vikes pull the strings on a huge deal like this but if they don't, let's hope they draft right and let's roll with Sage.

I would really like to know what picks were in the deal. With what New England ended up taking for Cassel, they probably could have gotten it done for a 2 and a 4 or 5. If that is the case, the idiot, Chilly should be fired. I wish they would have lost more games last year just so they would have finally gotten rid of him.

Chilly didn't improve every year. His first year the team was worse than under Tice. Yea, the Vikes won 10 games but they should have had at least two more that T-Junk lost for them (lions). I think some of them were luck and the last game against the Giants didn't have the Giant starters in. I'm not taking anything away 10 games was nice, but in this division they shouldn't have just squeeked in as the North Champs.

It's kind of hard not to improve every year when the rest of the teams in the division are tanking much worse than the Vikings. If the Bears or the Packers would have played better football down the stretch, the Vikes wouldn't have won the division. They got lucky, which is about all there is to it.

I haven't commented in this thread in awhile, my hope for Cutlers all but gone. What I really regret looking back is not pursuing Brees, but then again- that would have been smart

Why not go after Holt, you know the real one!! I just want a big offensive weapon added this offseason to get me excited to watch them this fall, otherwise I will spend my sundays outdoors.

Chilly didn't improve every year. His first year the team was worse than under Tice. Yea, the Vikes won 10 games but they should have had at least two more that T-Junk lost for them (lions). I think some of them were luck and the last game against the Giants didn't have the Giant starters in. I'm not taking anything away 10 games was nice, but in this division they shouldn't have just squeeked in as the North Champs.

Sandmannd,

I don't disgagree with any of this but just for accuracy Ferotte was the starter in both James against the Lions. Tjack came in to replace Ferotte in the second game and played well. 8-10 in passing.

Every team in the league won two or three "lucky" games last year...every year. We also lost one or two that we should have won...Indianapolis for one.

Let's just face it, Chili loves T-Jack boys.

That's why he went out and got a journeyman named Sage. Sage is a bit of a gunslinger so with any luck maybe that will rub off on tentative T-Jack. Or Sage will blossom like Gannon did.

All I have to say is Chili better WIN!!!!

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd

Sandmannd,

I don't disgagree with any of this but just for accuracy Ferotte was the starter in both James against the Lions. Tjack came in to replace Ferotte in the second game and played well. 8-10 in passing.

Huh? Wasn't the Lions game where he threw 5 picks and that was the end of season for him until Gus got hurt?

Originally Posted By: fishyguy
Originally Posted By: Sandmannd

Sandmannd,

Huh? Wasn't the Lions game where he threw 5 picks and that was the end of season for him until Gus got hurt?

TJack started vs. GB and Indy. Ferotte replaced him in Week 3 vs. Carolina. Tjack then replaced Gus in the 2nd half of the 2nd Lions game. It was the 2007 season when Tjack threw 4 picks (t think) vs. Detroit.

Differant year. Second game of 2007 - 4 ints vs Lions. He had 12 ints all year. In 2008 regular season he had only 2 ints.

I can see why you're hating on T-Jack now. You blame everything on him laugh

I blame Chili smile

Na I'm just confused cause he was such a trainwreck. Most likely it was all the turnovers and not picks I was thinkin' of.

Na I'm just confused cause he was such a trainwreck. Most likely it was all the turnovers and not picks I was thinkin' of.
I'd say you were really confused. He gave up 3 fumbles in 2008. You must be thinking of Culpepper.

He wasn't a train wreck. He didn't show the ability to find open receivers or if he did he was way to tentative except the last two regular season games. Play calling sucked as well those first two games. It was a total Chili ball control offense. It was frustrating watching the play calls and only passing when everyone knew they had to pass in those first two games of 2008.

Everyone is just jumping on the Bash T-jack bandwagon because he didn't look so hot against Philly. Rightfully so. However he only started 12 games in 2007 and played in 9 but only started 5 in 2008. This is a long shot but he just might turn into a good QB. He has the physical tools. The jury is out on the mental part of the game.

It's obvious Chili likes him.

I agree Rick. It's very hard for a player to be successful when they're overcoached. He plays pretty darn well when they let him go a little but he still has a ways to go. That being said, I do think Sage will win the position of starting q-back this fall.