• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

Honestly I think that the lions should keep all there picks. They have many needs and could use all their picks. I think that Culpepper will be ecent next year with a full off-season workout. He has Megatron catching balls also. I hope the vikings somehow get cutler.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

Kfan reported today that out of the 10 teams interested in and making calls about aquiring Cutler now...the Vikes were NOT one of them.

I hope this isn't true. If that is the case , I hope they only win 5-8 games and Childress gets fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the QB spot that has killed them for the last few seasons.

Maybe there is something going on in Philly. McNabb is not happy

With everybody interested in Cutler I'd say we have about a 3% chance of pulling off a deal for him. I doubt anything will happen until very shortly before the draft.

i'll be happy as long as t-awesome isn't qb....i really can't believe how lame we are in free agency this season though.

you'd think if they were content with having the sage vs t-awesome battle they'd atleast get them some new targets out there or some beefed out o-line players....we just missed out on weaver for FB.

you are supposed to build around your star RB not just think everything is good enough because u have him back there....who needs a line and a good FB when u have peterson? heck we don't even need wr's with peterson out there!!! we are being really stingy this year and missing out on players that would help out alot.

Sounded like Weaver was heading this way until we were outbid once again...he would have been a really nice pick-up. I believe the Vikes are currently without a fullback on the roster now.

Maybe lightning will strike twice. Last year, who would have thought would have thought we would acquire Allen from KC.

Come on Ziggi, step up and get Cutler, or be prepared fgor a season like last year. Maybe make the playoffs and lose the first game because of the QB play.

Last year, who would have thought would have thought we would acquire Allen from KC.

Maybe make the playoffs and lose the first game because of the QB play.

i did....i called the jared thing before it was even a twinkle in the media's eye...it is still a miracle we actually went and got him though.

people need to give sage a chance if he ends up being the starter...i don't see how people can say our seasons a bust, and we won't make playoffs, and if we do we are one and done because of the qb play when you never even seen the potential starter qb play for the team.....but if t-awesome is qb i agree.

cutler would rule but from this point it just might be a big pipe dream...who knows what the vikes are up to...all we do is sign and resign our current players which is cool, but other then that all we do is sign some special team free agents? they must plan on having the best draft anyone has ever seen!!!!!

heck we can just go get some o-line, FB, WR's, CB's, DT's, QB, and have them all be starters right out of the draft....nothing on offense matters and anything will work because we have peterson right? muahahahahahahahhahaahahahahaha

With the owners meeting starting today, if we dont make a deal for him before Monday night, I dont see it happening.

I really dont understand the Vikings front office, you have a team that has a lot of good players, and as a team it only needed a few more pieces to make this an elite team. They had a few chances to improve the team with a few top notch players, but came up short. I would think they would go the extra mile to get a couple more pieces to complete this team, and to sell season tickets.

I know the season hasnt started yet, and they have time to still get some players in here, but they havent impressed me yet.

Yeah just go out and sign a bunch great players at the posistions we need help at...... you guys make it seem like it's a trip to the Dairy Queen for an Ice Cream cone.

unless they dont like cold weather, the city, the owners, the facilities, or the coaching staff. Although if you're TO i guess you just don't care about anything but money...

ESPN Insider had this to say about the Vikes:

Minnesota Vikings

Biggest need: QB

If the apocryphal stories about T.J. Houshmandzadeh's not signing with the Vikings after meeting Tarvaris Jackson are true, it should just be another sign of how far gone Jackson's status is, and how imperative it is for the Vikings to improve their situation at quarterback.

The problem is that the only free agent left on the marketplace who represents a possible upgrade on Jackson is Jeff Garcia, and he's attracted absolutely no interest from anyone. Jay Cutler may or may not be available in trade, but the Vikings won't want to sacrifice their first-round pick to acquire Cutler with depth issues around the lineup to be filled. In addition, when the Vikings traded for Jared Allen and then gave him a $74 million deal last year, owner Zygi Wilf had to put out a cash call to ensure that his team would have cash on hand throughout the offseason. Any team acquiring Cutler would likely be expected to finance a new deal, which Wilf might be loathe to do.

With a team designed to win right now, there are two potentially palatable options in trade. Matt Leinart and Vince Young have become linked as busts from the 2006 draft, but neither's really had much of a chance to prove that he's a bust. Leinart's been called a bust because he lost his job to Kurt Warner, but he got that tag before Warner emerged as an MVP candidate this year. Merely being worse than Kurt Warner does not make you a bad quarterback -- plenty of teams would still benefit from your presence. The Vikings would be one.

Young became a much more accurate quarterback in 2007, even as his touchdown-to-interception ratio dropped. He's had all of 31 starts as a pro, and considering the lack of receiving options around him, it's pretty harsh to already place him firmly in the "bust" category.

Buying low on either Young or Leinart gives the Vikings the chance to acquire a potentially elite quarterback on the cheap. Either one should be an upgrade on the devil they already know.

Although I wish the Cutler deal would go down, I just don't see the Vikings doing it.

I think Sage and TJack are going to have to get us through this year so we can draft our next franchise(hopefully) quarterback. A very good group of quarterbacks should be in the draft next year. I mean a VERY good group. Although a high draft pick doesn't guarantee a great quarterback.

I just believe the Vikings brain trust doesn't want to trade away any more draft picks. I think they are a little gunshy about pulling off a "panic" trade just because Cutler is available. Visions of the Walker trade will haunt the purple and gold forever.

vince young is about as bad as t-awesome...as sad as it sounds i would almost rather have t-awesome lol.

i'd rather have leinart then either but i doubt they want to get rid of him with warners age.

i'm betting they are happy enough with sage for the price they paid and possible potential.

Its as easy as writing a check in todays game.

Oh great maybe you and Sandman can start a list of these great available players that are left and all we have to do is write a check. I never knew it was that easy...WOW.

Lets start at the available QB Position and work are way down.

Weird though if all takes is signing a check wouldn't all the teams in the league or at least some take this approach?

I would think a team like New England would land all of the great free agents this off season. Everybody wants to sign with them. Can you name the free agent acquisitions the Patriots have signed this season also?

Thanks Pier!...LOL

Fred Taylor, Shaun Springs, Joey Galloway, and Greg Lewis to name a few. None are super pick ups but that is typical New England, pick up good veteran players that can still get it done.

anyone hear that we might be trading Chester and a draft for Cutler!

I've heard no such thing. Where are you getting that little piece of hearsay from?

well. the reports are out. The vikes could have had cutler in the 3 way trade involving cassel but the vikes "coaching" staff nixed the trade.

Time to fire childress and bring someone else in.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

As sledneck says it was almost a done deal until our coaching staff nixed it. Fact is that's likely why McDaniels is now in the debacle he's in now. It was a timing thing and New England couldn't wait until Denver and Tampa finally put a deal together.

However there are rumors out there that Cutler likes his alcohol which doesn't fly with his diabetes. There are also rumors about his emotional volatility similar to Jeff George. Supposedly that's why McDaniels was trying to work out a quick trade. Apparently McDaniels has received NO offers since the Owners meeting started and has now ended. Just rumors though but maybe there is something to it. Only time will tell if the Vikes coaching staff made the right choice.

All I have to say is the choices are puzzling and they darn well better look better on offense - a LOT better and they better win in 2009!!!

Quote:
well. the reports are out. The vikes could have had cutler in the 3 way trade involving cassel but the vikes "coaching" staff nixed the trade.

Quote:
As sledneck says it was almost a done deal until our coaching staff nixed it.

I'm not up on the latest, do you have any sites I could read?

...or tell me what to google?

[badWordUsage] coaching staff doesn't want to win? god they make Tice and Denny look like they know what they were doing madmadsick

FROM TOM POWERS ARTICLE PIONEER PRESS

Somewhere in the woods near the Winter Park practice facility, a secret plan is buried deep beneath the hard ground. Few people have seen it. In fact, perhaps only the head coach and Zygi Wilf have seen it. But when it gets unearthed at some point in the future, we'll all nod our heads and declare, "Ohhhhh, that's what they were doing! Yes, I see it now!"

Until then, we are left to scratch our heads and mutter the occasional curse. On Wednesday, we discover the Minnesota Vikings could have had quarterback Jay Cutler for draft picks. In other words: quarterback problem solved. Yippee.

But the report by Yahoo.com said the deal fell through because "some elements" of the Minnesota coaching staff weren't sold on Cutler. Some elements? There's only one element that counts on the Minnesota coaching staff, and its initials are B.C.

speechless!!!!!!!!!!