• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

A little of topic but here is another funny football related picture!

al_davis_crypt_keeper_618_2.jpg

Personally I really want cutler here but I think the cost of 2 number one picks is a lot to give up.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

John Clayton the football analyst? he just looks like the griddy hardnose football types. the chicks must have flocked to him back in his "prime". wink seriously I doubt he's ever touched the pigskin. thats all umm kay.

i'd give them t-awesome and 2- 1sts and call it a done deal....otherwise we are still gonna be looking for a franchise qb for the next 10 years and still be wasting picks in the meantime searching.....t-awesome is a negative so it kinda evens out lol....i still don't think the price will be that high in the end though....i could see this years 1st and a player with next years 2nd or something similar but 2-1sts is alot.. might still be worth it though....bad part is cutler is also gonna want a big contract on top of all the picks you spent to get him here.

one thing to consider is our 1st round pick isn't the greatest this year and next year when we have cutler we'll have the last pick in the 1st round so it's basically a 2nd wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

one thing to consider is our 1st round pick isn't the greatest this year and next year when we have cutler we'll have the last pick in the 1st round so it's basically a 2nd wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly.

I agree two 1st are alot, but its not like we will be giving up top 10 picks for him. I just want something this offseason to excite me. There has been more drama in the FA market then the Vikes had all season. I get my hopes up, then smashed even in the offseason frown

Quote:
John Clayton the football analyst? he just looks like the griddy hardnose football types. the chicks must have flocked to him back in his "prime". winkseriously I doubt he's ever touched the pigskin. thats all umm kay.

Your wrong!! John Clayton had a short stint in the NFL as a bears offensive lineman back in the day.

John-Clayton.jpg

He also had a stint with the Browns but sadly he failed...

johnclayton.jpg

He also played for the steelers, and that was in his early career when he had an addiction to tanning and hair extentions.

johnclayton2.jpg

He's gotta be the dorkiest looking dude in the world, looks like he should be selling you car insurance, (no offense to you insurance dudes out there)

But he's got the connections and knows his stuff.

If the Vikings allow Detroit to sign Cutler, I am going to, ok I wont do anything, but it will make me very unhappy. Although I dont take any of that nonsense serious anyway.

Quote:

The Bucs and Lions "appear to be the frontrunners" to trade for Jay Cutler, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.

The paper has the Jets "in the conversation," but calls it a long shot because New York lacks the ammo for a trade unless another team steps in. The most likely third party could be the Browns, who'd offer up one of their QBs.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

my bad on clayton. by the looks of it he was a multi tasking stud. if he would of concentrated on football instead of smiling at the camera during plays maybe he would have landed his sweet talented butt in Canton. he must of played for the vikes when steckel was coaching too. cool

If our Purple is really seroius about taking the next step to becoming a true contender, they need to explore every option on getting Cutler. But don't give up the "farm" for him.

If they got him, it would for sure create excitement and help sell more tickets. Let's keep our fingers crossed grin

Ok, how about T-Jack, Taylor, this years 1st, and next years 3rd. I am ok with that, get it done!

I would be ok with that trade. Maybe in denver they would let t-awesome use his legs more. I bet if this happened t-awesome would finally play good. that would be the vikes luck.. just like if the do move to LA the first year there they will win the superbowl.

I would be OK with it too. But I have little faith it will happen.

By the way those last few pics were the bomb!!

Whats all this talk about Cutler. We've got our guy. Chili knows more than all of us and he brought in Sage for a reason. A name like that tells it all. Here we come!!!!!

The more days that pass by, the more I feel it is less likely for Cutler to end up a Viking. There are so many other teams that can offer up way more than us. I think the Lions are going to be the front-runners for him. Though I have heard a lot about the Lions being happy with Daunte's progress. Could me smoke and mirrors too. I still think the ONLY way we can work something out is to get the Browns involved. Even then I am not sure something would work out.

It sounds like he'll be gone though, the one deal I seen floating around involved the skins and the chiefs!

The skins dont have enough cap to take on his current contract not to mention signing him for the amount he is going to want. As far as Detroit, if they wanted a good Qb, they would draft one, they arent going to blow two 1st rounders for him. The Lions need their picks to improve alot more then just the QB position.

I think the Vikes could easily get Cutler here if they want him. Everyone knows if the Vikes had a great QB, they would be favored deep into the playoffs, and Cutler would sell season tickets, which the owners want, so I dont see a down side of this, do it!

I would love to see him, but I agree with wandering, if they wanted him they could get him. I don't see them wanting him that bad for whatever reason.

Published 2 days ago by Mike Florio

We’ve been flooded with questions about whether the Redskins will be making a play for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler. There’s an item at that sets forth a far-fetched three-team trade , involing Cutler and Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler going to Washington, Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell and tight end Chris Cooley going to Cleveland, and Browns quarterback Brady Quinn going to Denver. Citing an unnamed source, the report stated that the deal would be announced by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday.

And another possibility. I'm just saying it was written and I took notice. They could do it if they wanted to.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported the Washington Redskins are trying to land unhappy quarterback Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos. According to the report, the rumored deal would also include the Kansas City Chiefs.

According to the report, Cutler would end up in Washington, Matt Cassel in Denver and Jason Campbell in Kansas City.

According to The Inquirer, the 'Skins are denying they have any intention of dumping Campbell, which shows they were paying attention when the Broncos got themselves into this mess to begin with. New coach Josh McDaniels, formerly QB coach and offensive coordinator for the Patriots, actively tried to trade Cutler for Cassel last month, didn't succeed, then lied about it.

This just posted earlier today. Its hard to believe anything the media puts out there. This from the Washington Post

Quote:
Weekly Round-Up: Obligatory Cutler Stuff, Free Agent Wrap, Etc.

Things have certainly slowed down, but wanted to address two of the topics that seem to be on your collective minds before the weekend. So here goes:

The Jay Cutler Speculation: We continue to hear nothing tangible about this "trade" whatsoever. Vinny Cerrato has denied it up and down, not just to the media but to football people around the league. He's also denied it to agents for some Redskins players, according to league sources, some of whom could be potentially directly affected by the alleged swap(s). It's one thing to be less that truthful with the media and fans, and quite another to do so with people you hope to maintain an ongoing business relationship with.

Make no mistake, there was some chatter going around the league earlier this week, unsubstantiated talk and not backed up by fact (the kind of gossip that is a part of any business/corporation/league), that the Skins had a thing for the Denver QB. But it's quite another to report the inner workings of alleged three-way blockbuster deals as if they are potentially imminent. And, again, fitting a guy like Cutler under the cap, and absorbing massive cap hits from dealing guys like Chris Cooley, at a time when you only have the space to offer vet minimum deals for potential starters, is still something that seems impossible and render such deals as nonstarters.

Dwindling Free Agent Options: Yes there are holes to fill, but the options are limited. OT Elton Brown, a player the Skins flirted with, re-signed in Arizona this week, and unless they wait on an injured veteran like Mark Tauscher, they may have to address this in the draft. The Skins have made no contact on former Pro Bowl OT Orlando Pace, according to league sources, and, again, have very little wiggle room with the cap.

Also, to that end, I get a ton of emails about WRs like Torry Holt and D.J. Hackett -- the Redskins have not expressed interest in any of the receivers out there, these two included, and the word inside Redskins Park is that the team's budget at that position is set (dangerous gamble there, with Devin Thomas exhibiting knucklehead tendencies as a rookie and Malcolm Kelly trying to recover from yet another knee surgery). I expect DE Phillip Daniels to re-sign at some point, and LB Khary Campbell may not have any other options, either. And in that case OT and LB would be vital spots in the draft (to say nothing of what will be an ongoing dearth of young ends with every-down potential).

Also, DTs Kedric Golston and Anthony Montgomery had not signed their offer sheets as of last night. Both have plenty of time to do so, and it makes sense to keep options open should another team fancy them. In the end, though, I figure both of them are back here one-year deals.

I would say odds are he will be a Bronco in September, but if he does get traded, I would say Tampa Bay, or the Vikings will be the teams that are going to complete the deal.

huh?

If your boss talked about trying to get someone to replace u and it fell through...... Would u still feel the same working for the guy knowing you are so highly sought after on the open market?