• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

Here is what I think.....Minnesota sends C.Taylor, 1st rounder to Cleveland. Cleveland sends Anderson/Quinn to Denver along with the pick from MN. Denver sends Cutler to MN. Cleveland gets a starting RB, Denver gets a decent QB, and MN gets Cutler. Im sure it would be drastically different, but there is our 3 way trade.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

LOL what do u mean cutler doesn't have a say on where he's traded? u can guarentee cutler doesn't end up somewhere he doesn't want to play...whoever gets him in this trade is gonna have to redo his contract and sign him long term or its a worthless trade....and cutler can just say i'm not gonna make a contract with that team because he don't want to play there.

kinda like how we wouldn't of traded for jared unless he liked MN and agreed to sign here...he could of said screw MN i'm not playing there or signing with MN.

cutler is already looking for a bigger contract so he's gonna have to agree on where he's going or it won't happen.

MN has a TON of room under the cap. We could sign him for the long term for sure. Couple that with AP being behind him, I am pretty sure he would not hesitate to sign here. To be honest I can not name a GOOD starting QB who would turn down that kind offer.

It sounds as though th redskins were rumoring that they maybe close to a deal with Cutler mad

Then as soon as I post this, this is posted online grin

Quote:
Redskins GM Vinny Cerrato says Washington hasn't "talked to anyone" about acquiring Jay Cutler from Denver.

"Jason (Campbell) is going to be our QB this season," Cerrato added. The Skins didn't deny interest in Cutler, though, and their lack of financial commitment to Campbell is reason enough to think that they may make Denver an offer.

I think we can quit throwing out Chester as trade bait in this scenario. He has one year left on his contract and he isn't getting any younger. Not to mention running backs are a dime a dozen now days. Chesters trade value is equal to that of Sage and possibly less. Doesn't make sense but that is the reality of it.

Three way deal is the only chance we have really. If they don't want picks we've got very little to offer them.

LOL what do u mean cutler doesn't have a say on where he's traded? u can guarentee cutler doesn't end up somewhere he doesn't want to play...whoever gets him in this trade is gonna have to redo his contract and sign him long term or its a worthless trade....and cutler can just say i'm not gonna make a contract with that team because he don't want to play there.

kinda like how we wouldn't of traded for jared unless he liked MN and agreed to sign here...he could of said screw MN i'm not playing there or signing with MN.

cutler is already looking for a bigger contract so he's gonna have to agree on where he's going or it won't happen.

exactly

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU

exactly

The Vikings are still going to have to come up with the best package to offer Denver. I just don't see it happening.

I've heard "experts" say that any deal pretty much has to include the Browns since they are the only team with a viable QB option to offer Denver in return. Whether that means a three way deal or simply the Browns and Broncos working something out.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Cutler here its just that I have tried to figure out how a deal could work out and I just don't see us having the pieces needed to make it work.

Even in the three way deal with the Browns there are other teams that could offer much more then us if they are willing to part with higher draft picks.

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU

exactly

Even in the three way deal with the Browns there are other teams that could offer much more then us if they are willing to part with higher draft picks.

I thought Denver wasn't interested in draft picks?

Thats what they claim but in a three way deal the Browns might be interested. It would be Quinn/Anderson to Denver, Cutler to team X and draft picks going from team X to the Browns. If they wanted the Browns could probably get Detroits first overall pick. I don't see how we can offer something in that range.

Detroit might not seem like a team Cutler would want to be but he's still young and doesn't need to be on a winner right away. He would have a great target to throw to in Calvin Johnson as well. Also Cutler might like the idea of being "The Man" in Detroit where he could be the guy to turn the franchise around. That sort of thing might weight heavily on a young ego like Cutlers.

the winning team isn't the one with most to offer...its the team with the best offer that everyone agrees on.

i could be the browns right now and say i'll give you quinn, a 1st and a 3rd but if cutler don't want to go there and not sign a contract it won't happen....i could be the vikes and say i'll give you a 1st and a 3rd and if cutler is happy to be here and wants to sign a contract the deal will be done....reguardless of which team had the most to offer.

who thinks a team is gonna sell the farm for a guy that doesn't want to play there and won't sign a contract?

I would love to see him here. But it's not like the Vikings to have a good QB. I don't remember one sinc Fran.

I remember one QB waaaaay back in 1998. All he did was take the vikes to their best record in history, broke almost every major offensive category, and made Randy Moss a household name. And I do have to admit that Daunte was a pretty darn good QB before the injury. And like everyone else, I can not see this deal happening, but I sure do wish it would!

I remember one QB waaaaay back in 1998. All he did was take the vikes to their best record in history, broke almost every major offensive category, and made Randy Moss a household name.

Would that have been "Cash" Cunningham? cool

Yeah but he wasn't GREAT in the sense we were talking about. He had a darn good year though. I think Jackson would have been good on that team though. And Culpepper had his years. He was good until he got injured and made him less mobile. His mobiliy is what made him as good as he was.

Agreed! Though Cunningham was great that year. And after watching TJack overthrow or underthrow just about everyone, I do not think he could of made those passes to moss. How about these names for some memories: Joe Kapp, Gary Cuozzo, Tommy Kramer, Wade Wilson, Rich Gannon, Jim McMahon, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Jeff George. Add in TJack, Gus, Culpepper, and Tarkenton and there you have our starting quarterbacks since we came into the league!

I agree Cunningham was great that year, but look what he had. Great O'line, Robert Smith and then you had Moss, Reed and a little known receiver named CC. I would agree that Cunningham has some good years in Philly as well. But one year doesn't make a really solid QB. We've had a year here and there, but haven't had a good run with a QB since Fran. That's what I was getting at.

I do not disagree one bit! Fran is and will always probably be the best qb in vikings history.

talk about taking the pressure away....would u rather have to fill elways shoes or t-awesomes? cutler would end up being the best qb in vikings history i bet.

Fran was the best! Never seen a quarteback run in so many circles and then complete a pass. The good old days. The Vikings playing out in the snow and cold. Ahhh! Good times.

Agreed! Though Cunningham was great that year. And after watching TJack overthrow or underthrow just about everyone, I do not think he could of made those passes to moss. How about these names for some memories: Joe Kapp, Gary Cuozzo, Tommy Kramer, Wade Wilson, Rich Gannon, Jim McMahon, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Jeff George. Add in TJack, Gus, Culpepper, and Tarkenton and there you have our starting quarterbacks since we came into the league!

You forgot Sean Salisbury

Fran was the best! Never seen a quarteback run in so many circles and then complete a pass. The good old days. The Vikings playing out in the snow and cold. Ahhh! Good times.

For his time he was the best. The Fran T. from back then in todays game wouldn't be near as good.

Sean never started for us. He came in during the season to replace our original starters:

1993 he replaced Jim McMahon in 4 games

1992 he replaced Rich Gannon for 4 games

1994 he replaced Warren Moon for 1 game

So while he started games, he was not the opening day starter as a viking. Plus when he did come in, it wasn't very good!

I still wanna know how Salisbury steak hooked up as an analyst. Not an overly good looking fella, and his career was very shy of average. But then again, ESPN hired him:

johnclayton.jpg

Who, in some weird way, reminds me of, him:

Mr.png

Two 1st's and a player? I think I would still do it. I am hyped, I want him here, now get it done!

Quote:
A league source tells the Denver Post that "at least" four teams called the Broncos this week to express interest in Jay Cutler.

The Broncos still want to set up a sit-down between Cutler and coach Josh McDaniels, but they're going to get trade offers at the weekend's Owners' Meetings. "They should be able to pick a quarterback off a roster and get two No. 1 (pick)s — one this year and one next year," an unnamed NFL executive said. If so, it's hard to imagine the Broncos not pulling the trigger.

Source: Denver Post