• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

They dont have "name" recievers on their team, but look for a superb year from that Olsen kid @ TE.

I love it, I see six pages of Queen fans drooling over Cutler and how they would sell both of their kidneys for him but the second he goes to my beloved....DA BEARS, it is, whiner this and no recievers that and blah blah blah. Enjoy your season watching T Jack, we got a 25 year old Pro Bowler and got them to take Orton off our hands! Look at the Bears last 20 1st round draft picks and you tell me if this trade was worth it. This draft looks to be chock full of recievers and Jerry Angelo can do wonders in the lower rounds. I think we will finally get to see a Pro Caliber QB here in the Windy City...its been a long time...heck its been forever in my book. Look at all our qb's during Brett Farve's career at GB and you can see what a top notch qb can do for a team

GO BEARS!

well if you must gloat about your 1st round record being worse than my Lions, by all means go ahead and do it. I guess in 2 or 3 years we shall see who got the best of the trade

I love it, I see six pages of Queen fans drooling over Cutler and how they would sell both of their kidneys for him but the second he goes to my beloved....DA BEARS, it is, whiner this and no recievers that and blah blah blah.

Lemme preface it that I am a Vike fan. Ye, I get a kick out of it as well....I wonder what this thread would have looked like if The Purple would have been the ones getting Cutler. Congrats on your new QB WindyCityWalleye, and better yet, enjoy watching. You guys have been overdue for a pro-bowl caliber qb.

Cutler will improve the BEars off,,, but who else is their?? A game changing RB, not. A big league WR?? Not. Cutler had alot more to work with in Denver with the offense.

Would I have liked to seen Cutler in purple,, heck ya, becasue than AP would have less 8-9 man fronts with a feared QB--- but not for that price. 2 first rounders and the garbage thrown in,,, really puts the pressure on Cutler with less talent around him than in Denver. Unless they get more weapons on off,, I see the BEars as 8-8. Orton, when healthly was underrated at QB so this move IMO is giving up too much unless you have the weapons NOW to work with.

Im just not seeing it. He won't have anyone to throw the ball to. Forte is good, but still has a lot to prove. The Broncos seem to be semi excited about getting Orton. Not sure why. I talked to my good friend who is a Broncos fan through and through, and his exact words about this trade were: "Thank you Chicago, you can have our clubhouse cancer for your clubhouse leader!". Kinda can't argue with him there. Orton may not of been the leader of that team, but from what I hear the guys there really respected him. I also give congrats to the Bears for landing this guy. Im just not too sure he is your answer to take you to that next level.

Whats your definition of gamechanging rb? Matt Forte is a solid rb, and should be better in his 2nd season. Forte was better than any rb they had in Denver last year.

Do the Vikings have a better overall backfield combo of Peterson/Rosenfelds,T-Jack than Cutler/Forte....ye, because Peterson is a special back, but that doesnt mean Forte is chopped liver.

I think the bears and the broncos both got a good deal out of this. The Broncos got a ton of picks for cutler which is good because cutler wanted out. the bears got a great qb. that being said, childress might be eating a little bit of humble pie after this season. passing up on a great qb because there was something your coaching staff didnt like, well i would be worried about my job if i was chilli if i loved the team i had now. we have some great players but something isnt getting put together it might be the qb(sage is not the answer) or it could be the coach and in due time they will get rid of childress. count your days childress your time is getting short....

gamechanging is someone who comes to mind when you bring up the team name--- Giants/Jacobs/Manning-- PAts/Brady/Moss etc. Vikes/AP-- putting up nearly 300yds in one game agst the Bears is gamechanging.

that's recent--- in the past- rams/Faulk-- 49ers/Rice. Cowboys/Aikamn/Smith/IRvin-- get the drift.

It's not Bears/Forte. IF the Bears have a game buster it's Hester as a return guy and the def-- but please, not Forte.

Forte is not chopped liver. He's at best an above avg back-- not game changing. Your receiver corp... well... is chopped liver.-- as is the Vikes for the most part.

Matt Forte is a solid rb, and should be better in his 2nd season. Forte was better than any rb they had in Denver last year.

I will never be accused of saying Forte is a game changer laugh. I take it you like offense....dont make me go pseudo-star trek nerdy on you and start dropping defensive game changers!

Forte is a pro-bowl caliber running back in the making...add Cutler and it makes him that much better. He just hasn't been around long enough to for people to associate his name with da Bears. That will be changing soon.

Chicago doesn't have WR this year, but I bet any money they will find a couple Next year!!! Chicago will be decent, Bad move by the Vikings

Without Forte the Bears would have been absoultely horrible last year. He was their offense. The Bears are going to be soild, but there are a lot of questions still. Offensive line is hurting.

I am disappointed that the Viks havent made a move on a QB yet, but their is still some time left. But if they start the season with the QB's that they have it is going to be a long season. Hopefully I will be eating some crow for the last statement, but I just dont see it.

The Vikings only have one reciever so I don't see how it would have been a whole lot different here. Plus a good QB can make average recievers look very good. Not to worry folks, can I get a S A G E- Sage, Sage, Sage!!!

The Vikings only have one reciever so I don't see how it would have been a whole lot different here. Plus a good QB can make average recievers look very good. Not to worry folks, can I get a S A G E- Sage, Sage, Sage!!!

Agreed, funny how no one brought that up before this.

I like this trade as well as the Pace signing.

Yeah WR is our weakest spot now but we do have 2 good TE's in Clark and Olsen, Forte is a great receiver out of the backfield, of course we have Hester, a slot recevier in Davis, plus we have a few young receivers that need some playng time with one of them being Earl Bennett. He was a rookie last year and didn't see the field much, but he was one of Cutler's receivers in college, is the all time leading receiver in SEC history, and Culter came back to Vanderbilt to throw for Bennetts proday. That shows how much Culter likes Bennett as a WR. I still see us going out a signing a veteran WR, I prefer Torry Holt and I am sure with either our 2nd round pick or our compensatory 3rd will be on a WR.

As for Oline we addressed that as well by signing 3 free agents (Omiyale(sp), Shaeffer, and Pace). Plus we will have Williams moving over to the right tackle spot.

So I wouldn't just count out our offense just yet as still being terrible. After all you guys said the Bears need a QB and "Jay Cutler, We got Him!!"

I think the Jets thought, oh my, Brett Favre is coming. They were supposed to go far. What happened with that? Oh wait I remember....Favre sucked, the Jets sucked...You can only do so much when you do not have any WR's. And If you can honestly tell me that Cutler is better than Favre, I'll agree that the bears got a good deal. You can buy a nice new shiny gun, but without bullets you can't make it kill that deer.

Even with Cutler, the Vikes will still win more games than the Bears this year. I would even go out on a limb and say with Denver's recieving corp, that if Orton wins the job, he will throw for more yards than Cutler. I was never sold on the guy, especially the whining when he was almost traded for Cassell, so it will be fun to watch him fail in Chicago.

[PoorWordUsage]. your from Iowa. cheer for your team in Iowa. a border is what seperates two states! wink

I didn't realize you were supposed to cheer for the team that plays in the state you live in. So if you moved to Wisconsin you would have to cheer for Green Bay right?

all I can say is the bears players respected Orton. Clubhouse getin along is a big thing,, just ask TO. + he has a higher winning % as a QB with A Lot less to work with, other than a def. Look at the #'s. ORton put up [PoorWordUsage] good numbers, and the bears got rid of him along with 2 1st round picks. DEnver plays the bears--- my $$ is on Denver.

Like I said before,, for the BEars, the next 2 years tell the story. Cutler will show his true character in the next 2 years.

Is it worth it?? I bet not,, but we will see.

I too will wait to see how this thing works out. Ditka doesn't have the best things to say about this defense and there are still some other holes to fill on this team. First round picks, with the exception of the Ryan Leafs of the world, at worst give you average players that will start, and at best can give you pro bowlers with an occasional hall of famer. First round picks have real value. Later rounds are more variable.

Maybe the Bears get enough out of Cutler to justify the trade, maybe not. If the Vikes would have pulled it off, I would have been happy to see them trying to win now, but if they didn't succeed in that endeavor, then they would be hurting without the draft picks.

I guess we'll see how much analysts and the public think of the trade when the draft is over and the schedules come out. People will be picking division champs. No matter what the NFC North is still terrible across the board.

• 5 months later...

It would help if his receivers would continue their routes rather than just stopping after they make their cut. The tight end cost them a touchdown and it also almost caused 2 interceptions in one drive. Of course Cutler threw an interception on the next play.

Lets be honest here. The Bears have no real receiving threats outside of Olsen. None. Zip. Nada. Please don't bring up Hester either.

Both teams look terrible. You will be lucky to see either one of these teams make the playoffs.

I was thinking the same thing.

Both teams look terrible. You will be lucky to see either one of these teams make the playoffs.

People probably said that if they watched the first half of the Vikings game.