• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

I think competion is a good thing. Jackson did start looking better and I gave him his chance. I am ready to move on, the team needs a QB now to lead them, and I don't want to wait for someone to develop.

I agree Tavaris definately has the physical ability but somethings not right upstairs. The coaches have had to keep things very simple for him because he gets confused to easily. They obviously don't trust his intelligence. Look how they opened up the playbook for Ferotte when he came in. When T Jack is in the game we are strickly a running team. Lets see what Sage can do. With AP taking alot of pressure off him I think he will have a good year.

The same things that are now being said about TJack were also said about E.J. Henderson his first three seasons in the league. The light bulb finally came on in his 4th season. Some guys just take a little longer for the light to come on...especially q-backs.

T-Jack is a joke, period. The vikings are goign to get no where with him as our QB. Should have done the trade!

They won't open up the playbook for TJack because he can't handle it. He's not a good quarterback and he never will be. I don't care who coaches him or what playbook he learns. He was a horrible draft choice and he doesn't have the ability to be a good nfl quarterback. Terrible mechanics that haven't improved since college. Can't make good decisions on the field. Folds under any kind of pressure. Can't make pro throws. Gives us nothing at the quarterback position. Childress screwed up and this TJack experiment will set us back another three years minimum.

Yep, its hard to believe going into yet another year Chili sais T Jack will be right there competing for the starting job. Why, so he can bench him after the first 3 or 4 games again? Its like the guy is just too proud to admit he has failed in his quarterback choice......

The same things that are now being said about TJack were also said about E.J. Henderson his first three seasons in the league. The light bulb finally came on in his 4th season. Some guys just take a little longer for the light to come on...especially q-backs.

Reading and filling holes is a whole lot easier than reading an entire defence. I really want a new QB here, but they are not easy to come by. Hopefully your statement is right and we have a QB that will mature and has developed into something we can rely on, but I dont think that is true.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

They won't open up the playbook for TJack because he can't handle it. He's not a good quarterback and he never will be. I don't care who coaches him or what playbook he learns. He was a horrible draft choice and he doesn't have the ability to be a good nfl quarterback. Terrible mechanics that haven't improved since college. Can't make good decisions on the field. Folds under any kind of pressure. Can't make pro throws. Gives us nothing at the quarterback position. Childress screwed up and this TJack experiment will set us back another three years minimum.

You might be right about most of it but you are off on the terrible mechanics statement. Maybe you're not an expert on QB throwing mechanics:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/video/006-Capture0514-161800-048_new.mpg

Highlight Video and you can see his mechanics:

Funny Ending koonie will love laugh

Funny how we forget or make excuses for him leading the Vikes in beating the SB runner-up Cards and the Giants.

I do admit his mechanics can always improve especially when he is on the run.

He does look good when he is running and he did look good in 3 out of the last 4 games he played in last year.

All I have to say is Chili better win whomever he puts in at QB.

No doubt that the kid has the NFL arm, the NFL speed and ability, I just don't think he has the NFL mind. Maybe he does and Childress is such a crappy coach that he has screwed him over for life, maybe a combination of both......bottom line is that he hasn't proven anything to anyone!

I can't argue with that at all. I just don't know if it's mind or chili or a combo of both that makes him what he is. I just don't see him being a stable NFL QB.

Not saying he never does anything right or that he never plays well. Ok he played well against AZ and NYG. What's your point?

Good lord even Childress talks about his poor mechanics. Do you even watch football? Maybe you don't know what proper mechanics look like.

As for the video. For every good throw I could easily show 8 poor throws from pretty much every game last year. His mechanics break down constantly and that is why he has accuracy problems. Plain and simple. Sorry your little video display didn't have the intended effect. Watch a few games then come back and talk to me. A TJack highlight reel proves he can show proper mechanics but when you look at the whole year and look at the video you'll see what I'm talking about. Nice try though. wink If I knew how I'd put up a TJack lowlight reel and then we'd see what happens more often than not.

TJack has poor mechanics along with not being a smart player, thats his problem. Many QBs with questionable mechanics have had success, but they were also sharp in the huddle and reading the field.

Is anybody actually satisfied with our quarterback situation?

Back to the Cutler deal. I'm hoping we make a draft day deal but I think the odds are better that it will be sunny and 70 degrees on Tuesday.

this is just my opinion, but the vikings can put all the time and effort around TJ, and there not going to get anywhere in the playoffs with him as our QB. I dont care how much time there going to put into him, he just doesnt have the ability to move the team to the next level.

he just doesnt have the ability to move the team to the next level.

Or the coaching to take us to the next level!!!!!

they make alot of different decisions when it comes to the game! They are just trying to make it work! They need to figure it out, and get the ball rolling, but again, were not going to make it with TJ.

Ummm, koonie, you said he has terrible mechanics. He doesn't as you could view in the clips his mechanics were sound and broke down a couple times when he ran. His mechanics do break down when he runs. He's pretty stable when he stays in the pocket and throws. I agree at times he gets happy feet as do most QBs with a little more than a full season of starts under their belt. Which doesn't mean he has terrible mechanics overall. You may want to watch the games a little closer yourself smile

they make alot of different decisions when it comes to the game! They are just trying to make it work! They need to figure it out, and get the ball rolling, but again, were not going to make it with TJ.

And the Cowboys haven't made it with Romo.

It's the Coaching.

The philosophy is sound we just need the coaching to go with it.

This year will tell us all we need to know about Chili. If not vastly improved....GET COHWER!!!

He could win with TJack or Sage. Heck, Tice could. laugh

BNS, Because his play calling and time management skills do not appear to be top shelf as we should expect. I'm not convinced in his ability to coach up his own players. TJack is a good example.

This year will tell us all we need to know. If not vastly improved....GET COHWER smile

where you getting cohwer out of all this LOL:)

i just dont think that TJ has the talent. Just my thoughts!

I would agree that the coaching doesn't help. But you could put TJ with Jimmy Johnson, Cower, Madden, Dungy, Walsh, etc, and he will never be an NFL QB.

I can't stand Chili either, but you put Tom Brady on this team and he would look like a brilliant coach.

I can't stand Chili either, but you put Tom Brady on this team and he would look like a brilliant coach.

your correct!

I didn't notice Chili drafting a Tom Brady type QB in the 6th round and then developing him??? That's why Belichick looks like a genius.

Chili drafted TJack in the second round and hasn't developed him where he needs to be yet.

Like I said before:

This year will tell us all we need to know. If not vastly improved....GET COHWER smile

it would be a wasted talent if he drafted Brady. you would have never seen the talent Brady had running on downs 1&2 then throwing a 4 yd. screen pass on 3rd and 9! his playcalling is horrible. grow a pair already!

You just might have it right wahoohendoo... laugh

I agree, Brady wouldn' have been allowed to do anything under Chilli. And I agree, Get Cohwer, would love to see him here.