• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

I am sorry, I just dont see this deal happening. The Vikings had there shot at him, and balked. And because of that, Denver has to trade their unhappy QB anyway. So I dont see the Vikings being favorites in this deal at all!

I just wish they would sign a big name in a position that we are in need of, that would make me excited for the team again.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

Originally Posted By: Rick
Childress is not going to say he will pursue Cutler even if they do pursue the Cutler deal behind the scenes. Saying it raises the asking price. The more interest publicly shown the higher the price. Secondly it shows lack of confidance in his current QBs and I see no positives in doing that.

He's saying the right things on this issue. He hasn't ruled out getting Cutler. I just hope he is doing the right things to acquire Cutler!!!

Rick, you're either onto something or you're on somthing. laugh

That does make sense, I just know that Chili has it in him to say it just to hide a deal in the works.

Just imagine how incredibly intelligent Childress would look if he and the rest of the Vikes management pulled this off behind the scenes.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I don't really give Chili that much credit. I don't see us getting Cutler.

But it would be nice!!!!

If this report is true about many in the organization not wanting the deal, I would say its definetely not going to happen. I don't see them abruptly changing their minds........

There’s no doubt that Jay Cutler’s name came up in trade discussions between the Vikings and Denver at some point in March — there have been different theories on if a deal was ever close – but Tuesday night’s announcement by the Broncos that they will try to trade Cutler doesn’t mean Minnesota is going to re-emerge in this derby.

In fact, I’d say it’s unlikely.

Vikings officials can’t discuss Cutler’s availability because of tampering rules, but talking to Vikings coach Brad Childress this week he seemed as if he was preparing for Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels to be his top two quarterbacks. Knowing how fluid things are in the NFL, Childress did not slam the door on something happening at the QB position — “I don’t have a crystal ball,” he said. “Crazy things happen day-to-day.” — but all signs are that the Vikings kicked the Cutler tires and moved on.

For that matter, they almost certainly kicked the Matt Cassel tires before he was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs. That’s just how life works in the NFL. There are many variables that a team must consider before it makes a move (and investment) on a top-caliber player.

What did the Broncos want in return for Cutler? There have been numerous rumors about the players (Chad Greenway, Kevin Williams, Chester Taylor) and draft picks they targeted from Minnesota. What do the Vikings think of Cutler? His actions in this situation haven’t exactly made him look like the greatest guy. (That being said, the Broncos also must take on some of the fault.) What type of guy is Cutler off the field? And the list goes on.

Remember, the Vikings did plenty of background work on Jared Allen last year before working a trade-and-sign with the Kansas City Chiefs for the Pro Bowl defensive end. Allen had his share of off-the-field issues early in his career and the Vikings wanted to make sure they were making a wise investment both in the player and the person. Obviously, they came away satisfied.

Concerns from the Vikings end about Cutler are part of a story by Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports. Robinson writes the Vikings nixed a Cutler deal “after some coaches expressed reservations. After further inspection, those reservations apparently didn’t stop with the coaching staff. Indeed, there are indications that multiple people in the organization weren’t comfortable with Cutler, from all corners of the franchise.”

The good thing about the Broncos’ announcement is that this means something should get done fairly quickly and this soap opera will end.

Originally Posted By: Rick
Childress is not going to say he will pursue Cutler even if they do pursue the Cutler deal behind the scenes. Saying it raises the asking price. The more interest publicly shown the higher the price. Secondly it shows lack of confidance in his current QBs and I see no positives in doing that.

He's saying the right things on this issue. He hasn't ruled out getting Cutler. I just hope he is doing the right things to acquire Cutler!!!

Rick, you're either onto something or you're on somthing. laugh

That does make sense, I just know that Chili has it in him to say it just to hide a deal in the works.

HAHA whatever it is you certainly put an interesting view point out there. Hopefully your right!!

Starting to hear some of the conditions of the trade the Vikes passed on with Cutler a few weeks ago. If the names (Williams, Greenway, Taylor)and draft picks (????) are correct I think they made a wise choice to pass on him. There isn't a player in the league I would give up our talent AND draft picks for. Again, if the reports are true...good job Vikes!!

Really? George is 41 years old...T Awesome is 26(on April 21st). George runs like a offensive lineman, T runs like a running back. George has really never done too much in the NFL, T has never done too much in the NFL! In all seriousness though, I don't think George would outperform T Jack. As a matter of a fact, I do not believe that he would even outperform JDB! There is a reason he is not playing in the NFL right now. If he WAS that good, or even half that good, why would any team in need of a QB pass that up? There is a reason he is not playing right now.

George would not take coaching...he thought he was above it and it got around the league fast. He was a complete waste of talent simply because he let his enormous ego swallow himself up. Uncoachable = unemployed.

George would not take coaching...he thought he was above it and it got around the league fast. He was a complete waste of talent simply because he let his enormous ego swallow himself up. Uncoachable = unemployed.

If it was only so easy to surgically remove Georges arm at the shoulder and attach it to Pennington.....oh ye they did that once, its called Marino. laugh

Yep, I am not a big Tjack fan

But I am not sure I am a Cutler fan either...

I hear what you are saying, but if he was as good as he thinks he is/was, he would have had a job. T.O. is above just about everything in his mind, but he can still play football, so he still has a job. The bottom line is if you are gonna be uncoachable, you better be pretty darn good!!

I don't think the Cutler deal will happen for the same reasons the Vikings will NEVER get to the Superbowl with Chilli at the helm. He's convinced that his way is perfect. Whatever he touches will turn to gold and he won't consider taking on a player that fits one of three categories: one who isn't of top notch character, one who hasn't played for him at Philly or Wisconsin and one that isn't an absolute DIRE need in his mind.

I can't believe they don't try to pull the trigger for the lone fact that if they land Cutler, the entire season will be sold out in no time and they have a shot at having waiting list for season tickets again. Don't you think that would sure help them with their stadium push????

How are we going to get to the Superbowl with Cutler if we end up without Williams, Greenway, and Taylor...not to mention the holes created on this team without certain draft picks. Dilusional.

I wouldn't do a trade that included all three of those and picks. That's a rediculous amount to ask for him. Could be the team trying to make it sound like that's why they didn't do it so ol' Chili don't look so bad.

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
Jeff George could walk onto a field right now and outperform Tjack

I agree

That's not saying much. I'd take that QB in the wheelchair from Friday Night Lights over Tjack!! laugh

Of course there has been a lot of talk on ESPN about this current situation. They listed the teams most likely to go after Cutler. At the top of the list is: Washington,Detroit,Chicago,Cleveland. They did have a list of darkhorse teams also possibly interested in Cutler, the Vikings were one. BUT, it is not going to happen here in MN. Sage and T Awesome are what we have. Let's PRAY one of them work out this year!

If we are going to keep Tjack and Sage, lets get them some protection in the line, and get them another option to dump the ball to.

That's funny that you mentioned those teams because when I flipped over to ESPN News they had some jokers saying Cutler is going to the Jets or Tampa Bay.

Yeah I saw the thing with the 4 guys on there. But I do not think either of those teams have what it takes to pull the trigger on Cutler. Cleveland has qb's, Detroit has the #1 pick, Chicago has some good defensive players, and washington has TONS of money. Tampa has....Chris Hovan, and the Jets have.....

Whatever happend to Garcia anyway, is he locked in somewhere?

I'm absolutely astonished he's still available there has to be something we don't know about the situation it can't just be his age. He played some pretty darn good football last season.

I know He's old and all but he gives 110 percent on every play! I always liked him.

Someone will pick him up pretty soon but it sure looks like he's going to be backing up wherever he ends up. I would like to see the Vikes pick him up but it looks like they're pretty set in their ways. He's still got a few good years left and he would keep our defense off the field a little longer than in the past couple of years.

Have you heard the comments from Cutler lately? He didn't want this situation to get this far. He likes the Denver area and would still play for the Broncos. Go figure. I'm sure the Bronco's are scratching their head too. I wouldn't be surprised if Cutler decides to talk to Bowlen and McDaniels and get things smoothted out. I hear Redskins want him too. This will cause a qb problem with Redskins and Campbell now. This could put Campbell on the market now. Bronco's want two number one draft choices. Trade could involve more than one team. This could go on up thru the draft.

Anybody who thinks there's a slight chance that Cutler ends up here is dreaming. That ship has sailed (back in March) and it's time to move on.

Garcia will sign with someone eventually, and it won't be with us either.

Chillidork has his two QBs for this season, and we're all going to have to settle for that.

I pray we land a great o-lineman in the draft, and Sagevaris Jackenfels steps up and plays competent ball for us this fall. If these two things happen, and no key players suffer major injuries, we could actually make some noise in the playoffs.

I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

There was a good article on cutler in the star tribune today. Patrick Ruesse basically lays it out. Why would we even want that cry baby here? He has a sub .500 winning percentage, his QB rating is far from spectacular, He had a complete colapse last season to miss the playoffs, and has no playoff experience. Whats the love affair with this egotistical punk, honestly a cancer to the chemistry of the team. I could see him having a hissy fit if he came here because AP is the bigger star and cutlers ego wouldn't be able to handle that. Id take garcia over him anyday. Anyways I don't want the vikes to part with more draft picks we passed on our 1st and 3rd last year, lets see what we can get this year.